All reviewswithin blocksroom was cleancoffee tabledouble bedgreat roomwalking distancelndrivewayfridgefreewaykeyfixturesclosetjacuzzi
Reviewed 1 June 2018

The room was okay but it had some problems. It is obvious the cleaning people don't really check the rooms. Opening the door at night first thing, light didn't work. I had to fumble my way in to find a lamp. Turns out someone had just turned off the sconce light on the wall so no big deal. However, the TV didn't work nor the microwave or coffee maker. Upon investigating turns out the HDMI cable was plugged into the wrong input and the power strip wouldn't reach the micro and coffee maker. I managed to rearrange things so everything was plugged in, but it would never pass fire code. The bath was clean, but the friction strips on the bottom of the tub were coming up. Just very poor attention to detail. This is a three story hotel with an elevator and there is a lot of covered parking. There are CCTV cameras everywhere, which is good but them there are signs saying the hotel is not responsible for loss or damage. I had to look out the window several times in the night to make sure my motorcycle was okay. Does not give you a nice, safe feeling. I checked in at 8PM and there was no one at the desk. Had to wait a few minutes. The lady was nice enough but nothing special. There are lots of eating choices within walking distance so that is a plus. The price was right, but there are many other options in Bakersfield so I think I'll pass on this one next time.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2017

We used to stay at this hotel every time we went to Bakersfield but the last time we stayed under the new owners they let every one in. I used to feel safe but we didn't that time. A lot of young people were smoking weed. The smell was very strong. It was like the were having a big party. We took family with us and rented 2 rooms and the family said that they would never go back there. The last time we went to another hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd floor not so loud. Pool very loud. 1st and 2nd floor a lot of young people running around.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Well let's start with the nasty smelly carpets. The time has come and past for a cleaning or replacement. Walls need painting all over hotel. And most rooms I stayed in the sink was always clogged with no one around to fix the problem. They have no mantince staff to work on anything. Rooms lacks great TV looks like analog not digital tv. Old and out of date furniture . Bed speads are dirty all the time.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We stayed here for two nights and I have to say I was very glad to leave. The room itself is OK and the neighbourhood seemed to be very nice. However, whilst we were there we saw quite a few young lads on bikes coming onto the property to use the ice machine. They were always polite- one even offered to help me with my suitcase but it definitely made me feel uncomfortable that the property was so open. In fact, one of the guests had a considerable amount of stuff stolen from the back of his truck (including a generator!). This was the only place on our travels that I didn't feel safe and if I had been on my own it would have been worse.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I'm a budget traveler so I look for a clean and comfortable room. A mini-fridge and microwave are always welcome pluses. I got a deal on Rodeway Inn & Suites and I was beyond pleased with my $34 a night room. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Although it may have been mildly dated, everything worked well. I didn't think there was a mini fridge but there it was built into the wall near the entrance and bathroom.

This was the first room I've seen where the card key is not inserted but simply passed over the lock mechanism--as it was to get into the hallway. Rodeway is just off the freeway and there are lots of fast food restaurants nearby. I wanted to use the pool and my key seemed to work but the gate would not open. It turns out, I also needed to pull the latch from inside. When I went back later,a group of young ladies had taken over the Jacuzzi and were playing loud music so no pool for me.

The desk clerk was friendly and welcoming and efficient. The lady mopping the floor near the elevator was also friendly and pleasant. Yes, there is an elevator and I was glad of that since my room was on the 3rd floor.

I got a great room at a fantastic price. It was clean and it was perfect for this budget traveler. Maybe some of the furniture like the padded chair were older but really, do I need anything new and fancy? No. This motel suited me perfectly.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo