“Pass on buffett”

Add it.
Taj Mahal Cuisine of India
Ranked #153 of 898 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We had the buffet the lentils needed flavor terribly, the cauliflower and cauliflower was tasty but very dry. The table water was filtered and good but the hot water that we've had put in our thermoses for our tea was pure City water and you can smell the chlorine. The bathroom should have been my first warning that the food wasn't going to be that good. The seat was just barely sitting on the seat. The owner appeared to be more concerned with his calculator that he was checking to see how the food was with everyone. At suggesting the lentil could use more flavor I got a grunt. Definitely will not be back.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at this restaurant so many times over the past few years, and it is always CONSISTENTLY great...and the staff(including the older gentleman who owns it and his son) are exceptionally friendly and welcoming. I've eaten at the competition a few times, but I'm never as pleased as when I eat at this place. Thank you for going the extra mile.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

I've had dinner here many times over the years and have never been disappointed, the food is always excellent. Whether vegetarian or meat (they have tasty lamb as well as beef and chicken), the dinners are delicious and you can choose how spicy or mild you prefer. They also have seafood, paneer, and tandoori. The dining room is open and pleasant, comfortable with a nice decor. I've eaten in many Indian restaurants in many locations and this is consistently one of the very best.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Came here to stop off before heading back down into the LA area, the food was what you expect from an Indian restaurant. Location is popular with the office crowd on California Ave. A little different from Zaika on Ming, but the price is reasonable and the selection was decent. Would stop off here again.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

When we dine at Taj Mahal we eat family style that way we can enjoy a variety of the different dishes. From the curry chicken, tika masala, nan bread, and a few others. Service is always consistent.