“Neat Atmosphere - Good Food - Reasonable Prices”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #12 of 846 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Stopped in for a late lunch. This place has been here a while just never tried it. This location was known as the bermuda triangle for many years with all the restaurants coming and going. Looks like they may have kicked the curse. Good food and speedy service. I ordered the Parmesan Sourdough Burger with a salad instead of fries. Salad was generous on a large oval plate. My wife had a salad with chicken breast and it was large as well. My ice tea never went dry. I fact I accidently spilled my tea and our server was quick to respond and replace the tea. I had a good first impression and we will be back with the kids. Parking nearby the front door really sucks but its worth a little walking. Enjoy!

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

This is our go to breakfast stop on Highway 99 between Long Beach and Sacramento. It is absolutely the BEST Black Bear Diner on the I-5/Hwy 99 corridor. It is spacious and bright, the food is consistently cooked to your specific order and the staff if always friendly, efficient and goes the extra mile to satisfy your every need. This last visit we were served by Joseph and Jaime who were exceptional. They packed up our leftovers and even gave us an extra side of gravy to enjoy on our hash browns when we got home . We always stop for breakfast but we know they will deliver the same excellent dining experience for lunch and dinner. Definitely a best bet for a quick, diner style meal on the road and also loved by the locals.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

I had lunch here a few days ago. Perhaps this place would be more fun with a group, and especially with kids. I was on a business trip, so I like good food and clean place to eat it.

The staff was very friendly and my order was delivered quickly. However, the newspaper menus get used over and over and the one I got was stained, curled and kind of gross.

I had the tri-tip dip which was decent quality for the price, but nothing to write home about. The themed decor was cute in some places and tired and worn in others.

I would say if you are looking for a cute place with your kids this might suit your needs. If you just want good food and a clean place to eat it, there are other better places.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Quickly seated our group of 8 people which included 2 children and 2 teens. Everyone enjoyed their meal and shared some desserts. Wait staff was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Well prepared meals from an menu with lots of things you want to eat at a fair price. What more could you want.