“Awesome breakfast place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 October 2015

I was looking for a breakfast place in Bakersfield and decided to pay this place a visit. The menu was extensive and it was quite difficult to make a selection. After several cups of coffee, I finally decided on their chicken fried steak. I was so glad to have chosen that meal as it was delicious and the portion was just right. To top it all, the service was great and the price was reasonable. I will definitely have breakfast here again the next time I am in town.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

This is a casual diner style restaurant that is very popular with locals. Often there is a line of people waiting for breakfast but there are chairs set up on the sidewalk and often on weekends there are buskers to entertain you. Believe me, the food is worth the wait! The cinnamon roll French toast is a favorite!

Reviewed 29 September 2015

We were looking forward to breakfast at the 24th st. Cafe and we were not disappointed. The food and service lived up to its Trip Advisor ratings. We were convinced that the Raspberry Jam had been made on premises but our server told us it was not. Our food was prompt, hot and delicious. After observing another diners biscuits and gravy I was a little sorry I had not tried those. Our server was extremely prompt with coffee refills and stopped by to make sure all was well. We will definitely make it a point to stop again on our way from home to the Calif. Coast.

Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

We stopped here or lunch on our way through Bakersfield. We loved the chicken fried chicken, it was amazing. The service was excellent and everyone was friendly. We decided to stop back on our way home for breakfast. The manager remembered us 4 days later and sent over some pumpkin pancakes which were delicious. Again we enjoyed excellent food. Even though they were very busy both times, the food was worth the wait. If you are looking for great food...stop here!

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

This place was cool! As Aussies travelling the states, we wanted to have a diner experience and 24th st reviewed well and was true to reviews. Yummy food, decent coffee and great staff! Worth the trip