All reviews typical courtyard black angus room was clean sliding door good size hot tub within walking distance other hotels pool area nice place to stay would stay here again good nights sleep convenient location long drive king bed road trip parking lot
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

The room was quiet and clean, I arrived late but my reserved room was ready, they had an ADA room available, loved the shower instead of a tub, the bed was great, I slept well, would recommend this place.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank N569BMsteveg
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay Steve G while staying at the Bakersfield Courtyard. If ever in Bakersfield again, we would love to host you at our hotel.

Jenny Gatlin

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

I was here for work and stayed overnight. I’m never disappointed with the Marriott rooms I get. This one was the usual set up. Looks like it was upgraded recently. I had a single room with a king bed.

The bed was comfortable making it easy to fall asleep. The ac unit was quiet and didn’t wake up up when it kicked on. Nice sized desk was great when I was working on my report. I liked the patio I had. I was able to open up the sliding door while I worked.

Only complaint was the room entry door. It was kind of thin so you could hear everyone as the walked by the room.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you RichRey for staying at the Bakersfield Courtyard. I'm so glad you enjoyed our rooms, and specifically the patio. Hope to see you again whenever travel brings you to the area.

Jenny Gatlin

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

After 3 nights at the most downscale Hilton I’ve ever visited, the warm, inviting, immaculate, comfortable, beautiful, QUIETNESS of this hotel on a perfect mattress and spacious room was everything we needed after the cramped quarters we spent 3 nights at.

Didn’t hear a peep during my slumber. Bed was super comfy. Check in was a breeze even though I literally booked on the Marriott app 15 minutes prior to check in since it was a spontaneous stop on the route back to the Bay.

Pool looked gorgeous, hot tub is inside and was even able to do a few loads of laundry from our earlier vacation days.

Restaurant downstairs and cocktails with a beautiful, spacious lobby, inclusive of smaller area with tv away from restaurant and bar area. Hotel is also close to multiple restaurants and centrally located.

A perfect ending to our SoCal road trip!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you Melanie K for your great comments and I am so happy you enjoyed your stay after your SoCal trip. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

The environment , neat and clean room with ok amenities but could say was perfect. Breakfast was good and bar was great especially if we are able to get our choice. Just need them to open for more time. It is near to highway and in good location.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Bakersfield Courtyard and I am so glad you enjoyed your room and our Bistro. Happy Mew Year!!

Reviewed 23 November 2017

First of all, Marriott needs to renovate and update their hotels more frequently. This property is old and worn and the rooms show it. The hallway carpet is stained and old and the elevator is very slow. The plumbing is weak and the water pressure is low. Also, you can smell sewer water in the toilet. The bed is very soft and uncomfortable - mattress has seen much wear and tear. The tv is big and dated. The refrigerator is more like a cooler. There are no microwaves in the room. You have to use the Bistro's. You won't enjoy the balcony because of the wasps and other insects, even during the fall season. This place is only doable for one night or just a stopover. Room was clean, but housekeepers do not understand English well. They were rude and not very helpful. Staff is okay, but they need to have a little more hospitality when it comes to serving guests. A makeover is definitely needed for improvement.

Date of stay: November 2017
BFLCHGM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Bakersfield.

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with our rooms. We do have microwaves that you can request to be taken to your room, you just need to ask the front desk, so you don't have to use the Bistro's microwave. As for being outdated, Marriott does schedule regular renovations and we are excited about our upcoming renovation, and I hope you are as well.

We hope that next time you are traveling through the area for any reason you do decide to stay with us again.

Kasie Heath