US$84
US$50
US$49
US$67
US$56
Bakersfield River Run RV Park(Bakersfield)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$37
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsconcierge loungeample free parkingfull service hotelrailroad tracksamtrak stationking roomexcellent hotelrooms are cleanfitness roomroom keyoutdoor poolsan franciscofront desk staffparking lotone night staybed was very comfortablenines
Reviewed 14 May 2015

This was the third time I have stayed here over the course of several years. The hotel has steadily improved services, until now this is a truly delightful place to stay. I was only here for one night and wished I could have stayed a bunch longer. Staff courtesy and attentiveness are consistently excellent. I personally like the location in center of downtown with reasonable access to freeways.

Room Tip: Train station / tracks are immediately south of hotel. If this bothers you, ask for north exposure room.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2015 via mobile

I have traveled to Bakersfield several times on business. I now chose the downtown Marriott at the convention center for several reasons:

1. Convenience. It is centrally located and has easy road access via Truxton or California Avenues to most locations. It also has a large parking lot behind the hotel, making it easy to park.

2. Pool and gym facilities. Most of the hotels in Bakersfield have either minimal or no gym facilities. This Marriott has a spacious facility which has several treadmills, stationary bikes and ellipticals as well as two leg machines and a multi-purpose machine. The is a rack of dumbbell free weights. Towels and earphones are provided.

3. The rooms. With 9 floors, including a concierge level, this is the largest in town and has a good supply of rooms. The rooms are nicely sized and appointed and the bathrooms correspond in quality.

4. The staff. Friendly, well-trained and eager to please. The staff in the Concierge area are excellent.

Downsides: the restaurant "The Nines" is over priced and the food is marginal now. This is unfortunate, because it used to be a lot better. Time for a change of restaurant management and kitchen crew. The hotel is adjacent to the train line across the parking lot and occasional trains can be distracting, but fortunately not at night.

Check it out on your next visit. You will be pleased and there are a number of other places to eat if you decide not to eat at the hotel until they improve the kitchen.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2015

Over the past two years I have stayed at the Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center hotel many times on business. At every stay I always had clean and conformable rooms although nothing was exceptional about them. However, the service from the staff was always great. If I ever had a problem it was fixed in minutes. Also, despite being near railroad tracks and a major road the rooms are very quiet. I also really liked the fact that they have free parking. Unlike some other guests I never had a problem finding a parking spot. However, I only stayed on weekdays and never weekends so your experience might vary.

Breakfast selections at the buffet were always good and fresh but selection was often very limited. Dinner at the Nines is good but not great.

The only downsides are the free Internet service, which can range from fairly good to almost useless, and the fact that other than the convention center the area around the hotel becomes a ghost town at night. None of the top Bakersfield restaurants are within walking distance so you will need a car if you want to go somewhere nice for dinner.

So, overall the I would definitely recommend this hotel for the good rooms, free parking, and the excellent staff.

Room Tip: Make reservations as early as possible because if there's an event at the convention center it might be difficult to get a good room.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2015

We booked here because we were attending a concert at Rabobank Arena, and it is literally right next door. The convenience was the deciding factor in booking, but we would stay again based on the fact that the rooms are clean and comfortable (if a wee bit down at heel), and that the staff are very kind and helpful.

We were concerned about the proximity of the railroad tracks behind the hotel, but in the event, we never really heard them. The biggest complaint is really the same as others have noted, which is the hotel is in need of freshening.

However, for the price we paid, we left satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank E-Double-Dizzle
Carlos N, General Manager at Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2015

Thank you for your review and feedback! We greatly appreciate that you took some time to leave us feedback about your experience! I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of the team! We are glad you enjoyed your stay as well as our close proximity to the concert. I appreciate your kind words on the staff. We look forward to assisting you when your travels bring you back to Bakerfsield!

Have a wonderful Summer

Carlos Navarro
Bakersfield Marriott

Reviewed 5 April 2015

The In-Room entertainment system is great, there is a wide variety of the latest movies to choose from on demand. Our room was clean and what you'd expect from a Marriott hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The gym/fitness center here is above average and very nice. The parking here is free, but it sure would be nice if this location had a valet stand. Parking was easy enough, but I arrived late in the evening and was tired and feeling lazy. We had the breakfast buffet, and were unimpressed with the selections. It was boring, even adding biscuits and gravy or a waffle station would improve the buffet greatly.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Carlos N, General Manager at Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2015

Hello ConstanTraveler77,

Thank you very much for leaving us your feedback here! We know how important having the latest entertainment is these days for travelers I am glad our staff was friendly and helpful during the rest of your stay, I apologize for the unimpressive selections in our breakfast buffet, I will pass along your suggestion to consider the biscuits and gravy to the team as we always look for opportunities to improve.
Thank you once again for telling it like it is, and we hope we can host you again next time you travel to Bakersfield.

Kindly,