All reviews yogurt cinnamon rolls hi express excellent breakfast welcome sight pool spa clean property stayed here for one night free breakfast fourth floor bed was very comfortable quick check microwave and refrigerator halfway point long drive would definitely stay here again room was large
Reviewed 3 August 2018

I've been staying in a lot of Holiday Inn Express hotels, but I gotta say that this is one of the best ones they have.
I checked in around 1pm and was very happy that Belem took the time to get me a room this early cause of my flight. Im really thankful for that.
Also the breakfast the next morning was fine, not that diverse but that's what you get at the Express and it's good still.
Looking forward to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Tiesto:

Thank you for your kind words about our property and Belem! We have since upgraded our breakfast to include fresh eggs, bacon, sausage, as well as other offerings. We are looking forward to hearing how were doing after your next visit. Until then....

Reviewed 31 July 2018

I was involved in an accident on the 5 freeway and needed a place to stay while my car was being repaired. The staff at this hotel has been excellent! Desk worker, Belem, was especially helpful with advice and directions. The room was large and clean. Good free breakfast served until 9:30. The price is far less than what I would have expected from a hotel chain in California.

Room Tip: I liked the view from the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for your kind words! I will pass along your comments to our Front Desk Manager and Belem about your positive customer service experience. I will also relay to our service staff regarding the room and breakfast. We're sorry that you had to be at our property due to an accident. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return under better circumstances. Until then...have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Spent one night at this hotel on the way from San Francisco to Vegas on a family vacation (two rooms). We loved this hotel. The rooms were huge, clean, and quiet with comfortable beds. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. They offered us bottled water as we checked in, and we were thirsty after a long drive. Breakfast in the morning had a great selection that satisfied all six of us. Very comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words and wonderful review. Please ask for me to make your return reservation. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

I read lot of negative review for this hotel and that is not the case. In fact this is one of the better Holiday Inn Express I have visited over the years.
The lady at the reception was quick to check me in, no issues. I was given a room on the 4th floor. The room was spacious, clean, good mattress, nice bathroom. Though the hotel is near a highway, there is no sound in the room. The air conditioner was working good throughout the night. There was enough parking for everyone.
In the morning, the breakfast was very good (cereals, omelette, sausage, breads, cinnamon rolls, fruits, yogurt, milk, coffee), all properly refilled whenever finished. I would highly recommend this place.
There is a nice plaza nearby where there are enough places to eat (and Starbucks!!).

Stayed: May 2018

SanatBando

We appreciate you taking the time to negate the negative reviews that you encountered. Most of the time, a negative review is something out of our control or unreasonable expectations of our brand. We really enjoy the positive comments and I will share with our team. We look forward to your return visit. Look me up next time you're here and I will buy you a Starbucks.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Very nice room, comfortable beds, polite staff, good TV, excellent breakfast items.
Our car was being serviced at Wright Toyota of Bakersfield. Since they had to keep it over a Sunday, they shuttled us to the Holiday Inn Express. We were very tired and ready to accept almost anything. To our surprise, the hotel was more than we expected, and we rested well, enjoying the fine accommodations. Will stay there again if we pass that way again.

Room Tip: First floor is probably best. There are no "good" views, as the hotel is in a semi-industrial area.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S

Thank you very much for your positive review! That is in a nutshell who we want to be and the product that we want to offer. We look forward to a return visit at which time I would like to meet you. Hopefully under better circumstances.