“Delicious food”

Spencer's Cafe
Ranked #259 of 846 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

This place is great! The food is amazing, the service is nice and prompt, and the servers are so sweet and polite.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

As recommended, we arrived about 8:45 on a Saturday morning. Spencer's does not take reservations, and it's a go-to place for breakfast in southwest Bakersfield. We waited approx. 10 minutes. The menu has a good variety of breakfast dishes. We ordered the breakfast burrito and the fiesta omelet. Both were delicious and to our satisfaction, and we could only eat half of each.

The biscuit was just okay, but they had blackberry jam, so that made up for it.

Service was fast, efficient, and friendly. Our waitress, Farrah, was very patient, as we needed extra time to decide on our order. We didn't feel rushed to order and afterwards did not feel rushed to vacate our table.

Spencer's is in our neighborhood, so we will return.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

I went there craving hashbrowns. I ordered a Senior breakfast, and everything was cooked perfect. I like my bacon crisp and it was just right. My eggs were scrambled perfectly. And the biscuit and gravy were very tasty. The price is reasonable. My server was helpful when I couldn't decide between the bacon or ham. She recommended the bacon. Great,choice. She was attentive, but not overly so. I will be back.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

After visiting the Spencer's Restaurant and enjoying it, we decided to give the Cafe a try. The staff is small so they seemed distracted and not at all interested in the NEW patrons. You can see they get repeat customers by the way the staff reaches out to them, I thought that was nice. My coffee was burnt, the water was never refilled (even though I did request more) and my food was only ok. I ordered an omelet but was disappointed when the 'slice' of cheese the cook put on it was cold and didn't even melt. Not at all the perfect visit, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try once again sometime soon. By the way, my ratings are based on Staff, Food, and cleanliness. Owner should hire one more person just to keep tables and floor clean. This was NOT the case with our visit and there was trash in every corner. And a smile from the waitress might be nice since I did try to reach out to her.

Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

Spencer's I was sad to find out was closed for remodeling.
So had to go to Co-Co's.
So wanted Spencer's
But I'm sure it will be great as ever, hurry back