“just like24th st of”

Ranked #1 of 25 Coffee & Tea in Bakersfield
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Milt is the dad of the 24th st guy. So basically the same food without the long wait. I had chicken fried steak. Very good. Wewere there on the 4th of July and the only table there

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Wanted to rate 4.5 but couldn't so I rounded up.
Service - 4. 5
Friendliness - 3.5
Corned beef Sandwich - 4.5
Fresh fruit - 4.5
Chili - 4.5
German Chocolate cake - 5
Pumpkin pancakes - eating those later, but they smell fantastic. - 3
Service was very good. She was too busy to chat with us, but not the regular customers. Both of us were in the restaurant business for a number of years and like to get servers opinions and suggestions on food choices and such. We weren't able to do that the way we liked. Otherwise, this was an outstanding visit.
****Update - rated the pumpkin pancakes a 3. The special topping was fantastic. The pancakes themselves mediocre. To make matters worse, they were 9 bucks for 2 pancakes. Everything else was reasonably priced, just real expensive pancakes.****

Reviewed 13 June 2017

My only experience is with Breakfast in the early morning with a group of friends. Always good food with generous portions. Friendly wait staff and quick service. Steak and eggs is my go to but I hear raves from my friends about everything else. Right next to the 99 freeway at Olive drive so it's handy for travelers but locals like us love it also. Try it you'll like it! Enjoy

Reviewed 1 June 2017

My family and I were traveling north through the Bakersfield area and waned to try a Triple D stop. There were 5 of us and we stopped for breakfast. We were seated in some room off to the side for groups bigger than 4, I guess. The tables and chairs were cheap and not comfortable as the main room with booths.
I heard the cinnamon roll waffles were good but I was trying to stay away from a 5,000 calories breakfast. Instead I ordered a Pastrami and habanero cheese omelette. I was a little disappointed in that the cook had a great opportunity to scramble up some eggs and add chopped pastrami to them before cooking but instead, I was given a fist full of room temp sliced pastrami with a plain egg omelette wrapped around it. I also asked for it to be spicy so they dusted the top with a sprinkle of Habanero cheese. After that was gone there was not much flavor left. My sister liked her eggs Benedict and brother in law liked his fried chicken and waffles and they are from Oklahoma so it must have been alright. My mom was able to find some gluten free menu items to eat although a diner like this probably does not have a gluten free zone in the kitchen with separate pans, cookware and knives so as to not contaminate gluten free food. She had plain eggs and fruit.
This place is probably great as a truck stop, weekend family breakfast, for the dinner specials or for just passing through town.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

This diner is a great place to eat when you want a real meal, but don’t want to blow the budget. Food is plentiful and good, exactly as described, and reasonably priced. The service is excellent—clearly the wait staff has worked there forever. They can handle bringing you a lactose-free meal with no problem. It’s traditional fare—BBQ, or sirloin tips or burgers or whatever, all good.