“We thought we were in Bavaria!”

Tyrolean Inn Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Ben Lomond
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Wonderful Tyrolean beer! Excellent Bavarian food that reminds me so much of being in the Tyrol. Consistently excellent service. We even love the German music! The chef, Greg, is spot on with his dishes, and we've never had a bad meal there. Combine all that with generous portions (that we can frequently take home for another meal), and weekday specials like Wiener Schnitzel Wednesday for $12 and it's a sure bet.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

The decor mirrors tourist spots in Bavaria, the German beers on tap are respectable, we found the waitstaff a little stiff but the food generally missed the mark. Sauerbraten was way heavy on the vinegar as was there'd cabbage. The German salad was so loaded with vinegar that I feared dissolving my teeth enamel. Pork Schnitzel was adequate but much less crispy and with way more breading than one finds in Germany. It seemed like American fry-cooks were trying to follow a German recipe without knowing the language.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

The Tyrolean Inn is a small family run restaurant in the hills above Santa Cruz on the back road between Santa Cruz and Silicon Valley. They have excellent food and service and there was a live musician the night we stopped through. The kids had decent choices and the draft beer was great. It's not five star dining, but it's five star fun and the prices are reasonable.
It's a great stop on the way to or from Santa Cruz if you don't take the expressway (17).

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Took my all American friends to try some home cooked German food. Love the rustic atmosphere but felt no warmth from the waiter. He seemed a little annoyed but I wasn't letting that interfere with the super delicious food we ate. The Schweinehacksen was delicious and brought back many memories. The sausage platter was divine, the bread dumpling paired with the bread dumpling to die for. My friends enjoyed the plethora of different flavors. All in all a success. Our bellys full .

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I read all those reviews and I have to disagree with their opinions. I am half German and half Polish, spent most of my life in Poland and I had German food before. Spices profile, style of cooking "German dishes" it is not even close to anything that I can truly say German. Decent beer, service is fine as well, but sorry...food overpriced and definitely not German.