“Ben Lomond Treasure”

Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The place was jamming on a 3 day weekend. Although, I didn’t like the herring, my friend from Belgium thought it was authentic and enjoyed the appetizer. The roulade and bratwurst were delicious. Definitely not a place for vegetarians.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We ordered the dinner for two. 2 pork loins, Polish sausage, Nuremberg sausage, Bockwurst sausage, red cabbage, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut. Wow were they well cooked and tasty. We couldn’t finish all of them. I loved the on tap Erdinger Dunkel Hefeweizen, a smooth dark beer. I shoulda had 2. Of course we ordered the apple strudel-warm. Oh my, was it good with the almond flavor mixed in.
The staff was efficient and friendly. Please, let’s go back to Ben Lomond.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Loved, loved, loved this kitschy, little German restaurant in the forest! I felt like I was back in the Black Forest of Germany somewhere! The food is authentic and fabulous! The beer is amazingly good. I had the Wiener Schnitzel, with fried potatoes and steamed vegetable medley...all was perfectly prepared and generous in portion. My companion had a meal of mixed sausages, including Nuremberg sausages (which I never see outside of Nuremburg!), mash potatoes and homemade sauerkraut...all was fabulous! Our server was dry witted, straight-faced, and wonderful! The prices were great for the quality and quantity you receive. Wish I lived closer to this wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

It’s a bit off the beaten path. I’m glad we were with friends who frequent this place. The staff were friendly and service was decent. A couple things we were interested in were not available. Bummer. What we had was tasty. Give the goulash a try. Almost as good as what we’ve had in Budapest. Jagerschnitzel was tasty. Get Tyrolean Schmeckerplatte and stuff yourself with several of their goodies. The servings are ample and atmosphere, food and drink are “genuine Germany” in the Santa Cruz mountains.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This is a wonderful restaurant located so close the the state park. Ideal to load up on food and drink after a long walk in the park. The beer was great! The food's great too, though I cannot comment on authentic German it is. The staff was friendly and service was quick.
The ambience is wonderful, it felt like home, sitting at a big table by a fire place, a lovely Christmas tree, with warm wood interiors.