“Go to spot for French bread!”
Review of Acme Bread

Acme Bread
Ranked #2 of 18 Bakeries in Berkeley
Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

Acme Bread, at 1601 San Pablo Ave. in North Berkeley, California is my long time go to spot for sourdough french bread. And also many other choices, like ear bread and cinnamon walnut bread. I love the place. Prices are very competitive. I shop here for all family event bread needs. (This is my opinion and I have no affiliation with this business)

Reviewed 16 December 2015

Steve Sullivan left Chez Panisse to make better bread than was found in SF and Berkeley; he certainly managed to do that. There are always (quick-moving) lines outside his original (and sort of funky) retail bakery on Berkeley's San Pablo avenue. Inside, it's possible to buy dozens of types of freshly-baked breads, rolls, turnovers and other bread products. I particularly like Acme's Pain Epis, which is like a string of tasty rolls; the Cinnamon Currant Bread and the New York rye. Steve and Susie's daughter Rebecca is now developing some amazing goat cheese pastry puffs, too. I feel lucky to have Acme in Berkeley (though a new San Mateo bakery is opening soon). --- P.S, Acme now has at least two gluten-free baked products too.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

I am blessed or cursed to live near Acme bread. It's a short walk for this mouth watering delight. Having pasta, going on a picnic, family dinner, look no further! My favorites, sweet and sour baguettes and batards, and the epi pan. Do yourself a favor and try!

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

I feel for the gluten advoiders. ACME is perhaps the finest loaf of wheat bread anywhere. We are blessed to have many fine choices for our daily bread but ACME is my favorite. Chewy, delicious bread in numerous shapes and forms.

1  Thank Calboy1972
Reviewed 21 October 2015

Whats not to like. A favorite of locals. Try the Pan Epi great for partys and informal dining, just pull it apart. Nice crust .