“Like going home and visiting with friends...”
Review of Riva Cucina

Riva Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Riva Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 788 Restaurants in Berkeley
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th Street
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We took my in-laws to CA for my Father in Law's 91st birthday and found this gem late on our first (and very stressful) day in CA. We were looking for a place to have dinner with two tweens, two 40-somethings, and and elderly couple. We were dealing with one case of diabetes and one case of Celiac Disease in addition to the tweens who are suuuuper fussy!! We called Riva Cucina to see if they had an opening but they were full. We called a few other places and they all had long waits but to our great relief and surprise, Riva Cucina called us back saying they had made space for us. It was truly the best meal I have had in a long time and brought up memories of my favorite restaurant tucked away in Montalcino, Tuscany. The server, Bethany, was so warm and friendly, I felt that I had known her all my life. The meal, the presentation, the smells and the taste were simply fabulous. If I could have gone back each night of our trip I would have. We recommended it to our friends who are locals and they are now fans too!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Five of us all enjoyed our dinner at Riva Cucina. I found that conversation was easy ... not too loud which was great. The service was very good and not rushed. I'd recommend this restaurant highly.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Melt in your mouth, little pillows of creamy yumminess - that's the gnocchi at Riva Cucina. And the parsley pasta dish was crisp and bursting with flavor. Riva Cucina is a hidden gem tucked off of busy 7th/Ashby. A wonderful spot for date night, girls night out, or a birthday gathering. Buon appetito!

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We chose this place because it was close to where we were staying, and we had just had arrived after a long flight.
Glad we did, the Prosciutto Burata starter was tasty and plentiful, the Gnocchi with lamb shoulder was excellent (should've been more of it), as was the mint Panna Cotta with chocolate, which might have been my favourite. All in all a great Italian meal.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

This restaurant is not cheap, but the food is good and well-prepared. We've eaten here a few times and not been disappointed.