All reviews sister hotel boutique hotel parisian room rooms are small rodeo drive quiet street sized bed santa monica blvd residential area hotel room west hollywood beverly hilton gish lillian noir elevator peninsula
Reviewed 11 April 2018

I booked and pre-paid my room through Groupon. After I checked out, this hotel charged my credit card for the same room again, almost $700. I tried calling the hotel twice to get the second charge removed, but they never returned my calls. Groupon wasn't any help, either. The duplicate charge still hasn't been refunded. . . needless to say, I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Saye K, Complex General Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Sally P, we are so sorry for this miscommunication and discrepancy. We have confirmed your voucher and have since refunded these duplicate charges to you in full. We very much regret that you had difficulty connecting with us. This is definitely unusual, as we work hard to thoughtfully respond to all of our guests in a timely manner. We simply dropped the ball, and we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this caused you. While we understand your hesitation, we would certainly appreciate the chance to regain your trust. Our reservations manager has already sent you an update directly, but please know the entire team and I are at your service to make this right.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Maison 140 was conveniently located for the purposes of a short 4-day trip my wife and I took to LA, conducting a couple items of business and getting together with old friends. My wife had phoned before coming and made her desires known to the manager, then arranged a workable deal for our stay. She had included the parking in her arrangement; I'm not quite sure of the details but believe she effected a savings on the parking, which normally runs (March of 2018) $39/day at present. The parking lot is very convenient, right next to the entrance. You don't have to wait for someone to retrieve the car, just hop in and out. Some reviews note small rooms; ours was at the end of the hall on the second floor and it did not seem small at all, in fact it was much larger than the room we took at the Beverly Crescent a few years back. The front desk is very friendly, there is a nice room service menu (although we didn't try the food), and an intimate bar that encourages conversation with other guests. There is a Keurig coffee maker in the room, the wi-fi is free, and overall it is a very satisfactory room. Although it should be noted that a lady who checked in shortly after we did was seen at the front desk the next morning, complaining about the smell of her room and a crack in the bathroom sink, and wanting a refund on her prepaid stay, this would not characterize our experience. My wife was very pleased with the pricing, location, low-key personnel, and convenience, and has said we will return, overlooking a few small drawbacks, like the broken light fixture in the bathroom and the fact the sink's drain was semi-functional. All in all, a keeper.

Room Tip: If staying several days, call first to let your preferences be known.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Saye K, Complex General Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Antonkai, thank you very much for your thoughtful review. It was our pleasure to ensure you and your wife enjoyed your recent trip to LA, and we are very happy to know that you valued having Maison 140 as your home base for your 4-day trip while attending to business and catching up with old friends. I do apologize, however, for the condition of your bathroom—our engineers will be sure to address that right away. Thank you again for your excellent feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I stayed here on business. My wifi in my room barely worked the entire time. The staff was quite indifferent to the problem. They tried to move me to another room, but the wifi was weak there too (as in 5 - 20 seconds for a text-only email to load). My computer worked fine on the wifi in the cafe where I was forced to go, so the issue wasn't with my laptop. My partner ordered room service and two days later her tray was still sitting in the hallway. I complained and to their credit they did take some money off my bill. Appreciate that but I will never stay here again. The rooms are cute - very hip decor, but it's showing a lot of wear and tear. The bathroom door would barely close because it had been painting over so many times without being sanded.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Saye K, Complex General Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

burnzieny, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We're so sorry about the issues you had with our WiFi—we understand you were traveling for business, and we should have done a better job keeping you connected. We apologize too for the inattentive housekeeping service; your room service tray should have been cleared right away. We appreciate your allowing us to try to address your concerns upon checkout, but we evidently let you down. While I understand your hesitation, if there's any chance we could regain your trust in us, we would gladly welcome the opportunity to make this right upon your return.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I stayed at the Maison 140 recently while traveling on business. My options are limited since I have to travel on a government rate, but I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

The hotel bills itself as the former residence of the actress Lillian Gish. It has lost all semblance of a private residence, and feels rather more like a flop house... When I can I like to stay in smaller hotels, but this one has little charm. The place is really quite tired. My room was small but fine for one person (a "Parisian" room--it would have been very tight for 2)--the bathroom was tiny.

As the hotel does not have central A/C, there are individual units mounted through the walls. Mine was a bit noisy and cycled on and off about every 60 seconds. If you're a light sleeper, this might be a problem for you. Having said that, I did not hear noise from the hallways or other rooms, so other guests did not bother me. I don't know how full the hotel was when I was there.

My room looked out over a parking lot in the back--not sure what the rooms on the opposite side look out on.

The service was quite friendly at check-in and check-out, and when I had some questions about the neighborhood the woman at the desk was cheerfully helpful. The location is not quite in the center of the Beverly Hills scene, but still convenient--maybe a 10-minute walk to Rodeo Drive.

Overall, given the location this is a good value for the money, but it's definitely no-frills, and next time I'm in town I'll probably look for one of the larger hotel chains that will take my business rate.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Saye K, Complex General Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

TripsPlease, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are delighted you appreciated our friendly and helpful services, as well as our convenient location. However, we are very sorry you were disappointed by your room. Your comfort is important to us, and we regret that we didn't move you to a more spacious room during your recent visit. Should you give us the chance, I'd really appreciate the opportunity to earn your full confidence and show you our other options for accommodations next time you're planning to be in town. I can be reached directly at skokeh@mosaichotel.com, and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I had a bit of a scare while at this hotel. I was checked into my room ( 311) and I was sitting on the corner of the bed and two bugs crawled over my feet. I was completely shocked and grossed out by this so, after this happened I booked a new hotel and left this hotel and did not stay here. I told the concierge and she said she would contact her manager to make them aware of the issue and that they would not charge me and that I would get a refund. Still waiting to hear back from the hotel.

To the hotel: I would recommend having the rooms sprayed/ checked for bugs. These were LARGE bugs and I wish I was able to get a picture but they scurried away. This needs to be addressed for the sake of your guests and the success of your business.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

MySplendidMedia, we are so sorry for this most unusual situation. Your comfort and wellbeing is our priority, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. The hotel is inspected and treated regularly as part of our ongoing maintenance program, but we will certainly research your room and attend to any issues immediately. I will connect with you directly to make this right and can also be reached at skokeh@mosaichotel.com.