“Hype doesn't match reality”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Here I was thinking "Wow" after reviewing the hotel. In fact it's a tired outdated property. Clean enough and comfortable beds, but the property needs a major make over...seriously, the US President stays in this place? I hope his suite is better.
Everything from the pool, gardens and rooms were outdated. Our room overlooked a space with fake lawn and a very uninteresting fountain.
Like most US hotels, the only thing that's complimentary is a plastic pen and scribble pad. If you want tea or coffee in your room - you pay.
I was looking forward to so much more - disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,854)

Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed at Beverly Hilton Hotel in June for the weekend. The location of the hotel is perfect. Close to shopping, walking distance to many restaurants, other hotels, salons, etc.

I think you are better off eating at many of the fine restaurants nearby rather than eating at the hotel.

The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. We were there more for the area than the property itself.

The only negative part of my stay was when I asked the valet/bell staff for assistance in getting returning to LAX. My wife and I took one of those shared ride services from LAX.

It was the worst experience ever. Believe it or not, by the time the driver loaded the maximum number of people in the van and made all of the stops, it took us nearly 2 hours to get to the hotel! NEVER AGAIN.

The bell staff recommended a limo company after I told them about the blue van experience. He said it was going to cost $85+gratuity+service charge - total $114.00! What??? I am just going to LAX, not Palm Springs. I found a company call 1800FLY1800.com and they were very reasonable. About $55 and we were picked up in a nice Town Car to LAX.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
BeverlyHilton, E-Commerce Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2011

We are happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the location. We are in the heart of what's happening in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills. We hope to welcome you and your wife back soon!

- The Beverly Hilton

Reviewed 10 October 2011

Stayed 2 nights at this fabulous and historic hotel while going through tests at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. What a special treat for me and my wife! The location and views are fantastic. We spent time sight-seeing in Beverly Hills and the entire LA area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Webb2001

Great to hear you and your wife enjoyed your time with us and sightseeing our beautiful neighborhood!

- The Beverly Hilton

Reviewed 9 October 2011

May sound better than it actually is!! Pretty good none the less, convenient for tourist attractions.....

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I booked this hotel due to it's location, and the perception of quality from the Hilton brand. This was our 1 night of luxury before heading off in an RV for a month.

I wasn't disappointed. For the price, I thought the room was clean and well prepared, the staff at checkin were polite and the experience was easy.

The location was perfect, 10 minutes easy walk to Rodeo Drive.

In the evening we had drinks at the bar, prices were what you would expect for a hotel, but the staff were friendly and helpful.

Overall, I think I got what I was expecting and paid for.

• Stayed: September 2011
SIXTY Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#15 of 357 in Los Angeles

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!