“Scrumptious Ribs”

Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Findon
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Black Horse has rustic charm by the barrel, with open fires to warm your soul in winter months, the squishiest of sofas, and the kind of garden that has ‘summer family fun’ written all over it. We have always loved the kind of pubs you can feel instantly at home in, with a landlady you can really get to know. That’s what we have created with our team at The Black Horse. Bring your family, bring your dog or just bring yourself and let our super friendly staff look after you. Taste your way through our selection of great ales and beers on tap. Or let yourself be tempted by a glass (bottle?) of wine. We took our time selecting the most delicious wines we could find. Yes, it was a tough job but you can now enjoy a tipple for every taste, available by the bottle or by the glass. Any gin lovers out there? Our speciality selection comes with some twists on the side.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited the Black Horse this evening for a birthday meal. We received a friendly welcome on arrival and continued for the rest of the evening. After looking at the menu during the day, (like I'm sure most people do), and already deciding to go for the sea food salad, my mind was changed when I saw the specials board and they had ribs on it......I and the rest of our table went for the ribs - we were NOT disappointed. The ribs were absolutely delicious. They just fell apart! Although the meal was very filling, it was a birthday celebration so the birthday boy was determined to have dessert! He's choice was Lemon Tart which, although I was full from dinner, needed a woman's point of view of just how scrummy it was!!
After not being out for dinner for what seems an eternity, I can honestly say, it was absolutely lovely to choose the Black Horse for a special occasion and to have some one else cook for us! The prices were reasonable and we will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (524)

Reviewed 10 May 2021

A large airy marquee provides tables for dining and there is further seating in the open .
Fairly standard pub menu but the service is absolutely excellent.
When it began to get chilly staff issued hot water bottles!

1  Thank lizandianp
Reviewed 6 May 2021 via mobile

First lunch out for a long time. Booked a table in the marquee. Warm welcome and very efficient Covid safety procedures. Staff working really hard to ensure customers were happy. The food was really good. Shared seafood platter starter was fresh and generous. Mains of liver, pork belly, scampi all piping hot and tasty. Very relaxing atmosphere and highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 May 2021 via mobile

Beautiful! I have not visited here in a while by by god I’ve been missing a trick!
Stunning food. Stunning service. On first glance at the menu I actually rolled my eyes at the price, but don’t be put off you get exactly what you pay for.
I had the steak, it was £21.50 which I think is actually reasonable (on reflection) it was stunning. Cooked to perfection.
Atmosphere was nice, it had the ‘local’ vibes about it.
I will 100% be returning.
Nice outdoor set up to, maybe benefit from some heaters, but this set up is so temporary it may not be financially beneficial.

Reviewed 3 May 2021 via mobile

Fantastic food , Covid safe and customer service. Well done “ Julia “ I think her name was on her first day , your going to be great .