“Scary outside, welcoming inside!”

The Casino Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Bodega
Cuisines: American
Description: The evening menu changes nightly, Thursday thru Sunday so I wasnt sure what type ofmfoodmto label it. Please add so that I can review how awesome it is!
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stopped here on our way from Bodega Bay to Windsor on a Tuesday afternoon. My husband needed to use the bathroom and since the sign on the door said that restrooms were for customers only we had to have a beer! It lookeda little ominous on the outside, but was great on the inside. The bartender was so friendly that we felt right at home, and the "regulars" were really nice. We didnt stay long, since we needed to be somewhere, but I really liked it. If you are looking for yuppy class forget it, but if you like a good old fashioned bar this is the place!

Reviewed 20 March 2013

We had been to The Casino several years ago when they were just starting their barbecued oyster service outside on the patio and were anxious to return on this trip. It is odd, the serving people in the bar/restaurant have a real weird adversarial attitude about the oyster BBQ enterprise outside their back door and communicate that to the bar patrons. It's like they resent the competition or something. The BBQ only operates on Saturday and Sunday from 11A to 5P so we got there right after 11:00 am while a guy was still setting up and after 20 minutes of sitting there finally asked if we could order since the lone guy (with horribly dirty fingernails- I was hoping he wasn't the cook, but he was) never asked if we wanted anything. We each had 3 oysters at $13.00/plate; (oddly a single oyster was $3.00.) we tried the herb and garlic flavoring and the garlic flavored ones and shared. The plate included a small piece of grilled french bread which seemed a bit paltry to me but the oysters were large and well cooked. I would've rated the brunch much higher if there had been a more substantial piece of bread or bit of green on the plate but that was it.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Passed this place on our way from Bodega Bay to Sebastopol and laughed. But, someone at a winery we were tasting at recommended it and the reviews here & Yelp suggested that you don't be fooled by the looks. Boy, we're they right! You step in and it has the appearance of a local, dare I say dive, bar with juke box, deer heads, pool tables, dark with several locals bellied up to the bar. Gourmet food in a local bar at a fraction of the cost you'd pay anywhere else. Menu changes daily. CASH only (there is an ATM inside) & bar bill separate from food. Had beef bourguignon with chicken liver mousse on toast as a starter. Phenomenal! Other menu items included truffled duck egg & romaine, fig, almond salad as starters, grilled shrimp for an entree, & a fig dessert (we had no room for dessert!). Sign behind the bar also said oysters available on the patio. Ate at the bar with my wife chatting up the bartender (Brandi) and just soaking in the environment. I think the guy next to us polished off 1/2 bottle of whiskey ($100 tab but only $2.50 tip!). Everyone, patrons & staff, we're friendly. Great find! Looks can be deceiving.

1  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I read a review about the casino where someone told the couple to eat here because the food was good, they walked in and thought it was a joke. It may be a joke to some people who obviously don't 'get it'. But the food really is great, they have a jukebox with great music and the service is incredibly friendly. AND there is a teeny, tiny little theatre in the back that seats about 30 people and the plays are so much fun.
We had dinner, a bottle of Balletto Pinot Gris and saw a charming play for $60 total for two.
If you are looking for a local place with lots of funky atmosphere where you can hang out and enjoy that you are in part of the 'real Sonoma County' get down here and have a good meal just don't spoil it for the rest of us!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

A tavern in Bodega that serves delicious burgers. On summer weekends you can get fresh oysters on the patio - raw or bbq'd - with friendly service