“Dive at its best”

The Casino Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Bodega
Cuisines: American
Description: The evening menu changes nightly, Thursday thru Sunday so I wasnt sure what type ofmfoodmto label it. Please add so that I can review how awesome it is!
Reviewed 3 January 2016

One beer on tap, Boon Amber I think, it's $5, cold, and good. Deer head decor, pool tables, jukebox, funky old pub setting. Nothing pretentious here. Bar was full on a Saturday afternoon. I'm told by friends the nightly food is very good. Limited regular bar menu has hot dogs, polish dogs, burgers, sandwiches, etc. I love a good dive and this one is authentic and just right for me.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

If you want a fancy dinner skip it but if you want a really great meal and friendly service do t miss this place. It's rustic but the food is very very good. Cash only but they have an ATM in case your short o cash.m

Reviewed 25 September 2015

My favorite dinner place in the area. A dive bar with what might be the original pop-up considering that chefs have been cooking here for 20 years. There are 4 chefs now; 2 work together usually 3-4 nights, 1 from Wildflower on Tuesday and Mark on the weekends and all have creative and amazing choices. There are usually a few appetizers and/or salads and then a few main courses. Some of the meals are incredible value for the money. The menus change all the time so I never get tired of eating here. Gourmet food in a wild west atmosphere and local people who know this place is great.

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

Walk in and immediately you're in a local place that has felt and been like that forever. The woman that owns it has the warmest smile. She told me that she and her husband opened it around 60 years ago. Wonderful food drink and atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 May 2015

Dinner at The Casino is always quirky, fun and delicious. Soft shell crabs are a favorite of ours (that NJ thing again:) and you just don't see them much in Ca.
Well, last night Chef Mark Malicki worked his magic with some fresh soft shells. Delicious preparation consisted of dungeness crab stuffed soft shell crab, early corn, sun gold tomatoes, basil pistou. Wife and I both ordered this and remarked that it was as good a preparation as we've had.

We split a scrumptious homemade butterscotch pudding with smoked almond brickle for dessert. We always thoroughly enjoy Chef Malicki's dinner offerings but the soft shell crabs yesterday were a special treat. Great dinner, great service from Hillary and watching the Warriors trounce the Rockets. Life is good!