Review Highlights

Reviewed 22 April 2021
L7524KCjenniferm
Santa Rosa, California
via mobile

All reviews minute ride excellent ride amazing experience sand dunes bucket list pacific coast salmon creek stables devon horses riders jake scenery piper beach trail
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 June 2021 via mobile

Group of 4 beach ride - 2 adults 2 teenagers - everyone thrilled. Our guides Shanon and Taylor were amazing. Pairing of horse to rider was spot on and the views were stunning. Loved the experience!

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 22 April 2021 via mobile

We took a group of moms and kids ages 6-9 out for the 90 min ocean ride. When I say the guides are amazing ....I mean AMAZING! I had the best time chatting with guide Renè. I was riding Daisy a big beautiful beast with a little attitude problem. I haven’t riden a horse in 20 something years but Renè made me feel confident and comfortable.

When we arrived at the stables we were greeted by a beautiful grey pit bull. He was wearing a muzzle but don’t let that frighten you, it’s for HIS protection against humans not the other way around. Give him a pet before the attention seeking heterochromia Shepard comes to show you his stuffed kitty. The woman at the stables check in paired us with our horses after about 5 minutes of talking to us. Every single person was more than pleased with their pairing. We all felt bonded to “our” horse the moment we mounted. Guide Taylor was great with all the children. Us moms were relaxed and comfortable knowing she was leading our children and throughly enjoyed our ride. Children are required to wear helmets , it’s optional for adults. Weather wise we had a perfect spring day on the pacific coast. I would recommend wearing light layers as the weather fluctuates through the ride. I would also recommend some kind of attachable camera or a way to hold your phone. It was hard to take my phone in and out of my pocket for pictures. Overall amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone!

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 3 April 2021

We went on the beach ride. It was great. Very beautiful on the beach and sand dunes.
Can’t wait to go on the other rides.

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 18 March 2021 via mobile

We rode the 90 minute ride up Salmon Creek and it was really fun! The horses were very responsive and the scenery was outstanding.

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 18 February 2020

A friend wanted to ride a horse on the beach so we made arrangements with Devon at Chanslor Ranch the day before the ride. She was very helpful and professional. The next day our guides, Taylor and Annabelle led us on a beautiful ride on the beach. The horses were carefully and perfectly matched for the 4 of us. We thoroughly enjoyed the adventure as beginnner riders and can’t wait to go back again. It was refreshing to see how much care is being given to each horse.

Date of experience: February 2020