“A little run-down but lovely”
Review of Inn at the Tides

Inn at the Tides
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bodega Bay
Reviewed 16 October 2017

In late August, 2017, I spent 3 nights at this hotel for a friend's wedding. I stayed in Room 1404 and I had friends in Room 1408 nearby, where I also spent some time.

I like the way that the hotel is divided into little individual buildings that each have 8 rooms or so in them. It feels quaint and it makes walking the little paths between the buildings quite pleasant.

PROS
The hot water in the shower became available extremely quickly
Beds are comfy
Nice centrally located outdoor huge hot tub and indoor/outdoor heated pool with patio
Gorgeous views
Generous sink countertops in bathrooms with storage shelf underneath
Really substantial free breakfast (not a buffet!) at the restaurant across the street
Nice robes and dedicated striped beach towels
Standard iron and hair dryer
Spacious rooms
Upstairs rooms have nice high vaulted ceilings
Some rooms have working fireplaces (1408 did)
Good cleaning staff
Plenty of plugs (although not quite enough near the bedside)

CONS
No screens on my windows (although 1408 had them)
Smoke alarm chirped whenever I took a shower
Auto-light in bathroom blinds me at night
No wifi, bad cell service (none for AT&T, weak for Verizon)
My room didn't smell great, overly perfumed cleaners
Weak card keys (I and my friends kept having to get them replaced even though we were careful with them... they just kept dying)
No capital improvement in awhile... outdoor lights held together with duct tape
Not enough hangers in the closet
Gilchrist & Soames products (not my fave) including "conditioning shampoo" (ugh... it's not shampoo OR conditioner, it's just terrible)

The constant fog horn sound (not the hotel's fault, a Bodega Bay thing) started out pleasant, but got annoying over time particularly when I wanted to leave my windows open at night to let in the cool night breeze.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We've stayed at the Inn at the Tides several times, specifically for the Vintner Dinner that they host every month at the Bay View restaurant. The resort gives a huge break on price when you stay at the resort and attend the dinner. The rooms are very nice with nice amenities. A bottle of wine is always included with the room. A good breakfast is included in the morning as well.
The Vintner Dinner, each month a different winery, is typically a four course marvelous meal with more than adequate portions and plenty of wine. The wineries owners open each course with a description of the wine that will accompany the course. The dinner service is efficient and friendly. The price is anywhere between $90-$120, which is so much lower than typical for that quality of food and wine. I can't say enough great things about the dinner and the Inn. Wonderful experience. The resort's website details the Vintner Dinner and the winery host.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I stayed here while I drove my motorcycle road trip through the USA along the Lincoln Higway for one night.
I stayed in a first floor room with no issues at all. The Front desk staff was always courteous and helpful. Rooms are very clean and updated.
My room had a great view, it had a sofa, a desk, and a TV. In general every guest can park in front of their rooms and houses, which they do not charge for,
The Inn at the Tides is comfy cozy with a nice heated pool, with a rectangular shape of the pool is good to swim lanes, and has a great Jacuzzi.
I was alone at The Inn at the Tides - but from time to time I thought about my wife who is sitting in a wheel chair - the whole area with the The Inn at the Tides' houses is very very hilly.
I enjoyed a good breakfast at The Tides Wharf Restaurant across the street and also had dinner with super tasty sea food.
The Bodega Bay is for a great place to visit numberless great places like the Muir Woods National Monument, The Golden Gate Bridge and San Fransisco.
I would go back for another stay any time and next time for sure for a few days and would recommend The Inn at the Tides to others as well.

Room Tip: I would prefer a house and room which is more far in the back and higher in the area
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We stayed here for 5 nights. The staff here are GREAT. The bathrooms are nicely updated. The place was clean and comfortable. Our room overlooked the bay. We could hear the seals barking and the cows mooing. It was very relaxing. They have a wonderful pool and hot tub. I was a little nervous after reading some reviews, but we did not find any bugs and the place was very clean. It could use a little updating, but the staff here are so wonderful, we did not care about that. There is a beautiful breeze that comes through the window at night. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We arrived late as we had unusual errands this part Saturday. I called and spoke to Jessica to say we would come in after 6:00 p.m., possibly 7:00 p.m. We arrived after 10:00 p.m. We are promptly given our room. The room was clean and impeccable. The bed was very comfortable. The complimentary bottle of white wine was a nice touch. The bathrooms were clean and updated. We had the complimentary breakfast and the food was adequate. The view was stunning and we saw seals who popped up from time to time to entertain us. The room needed sound-proofing but for a bay view with breakfast with a 180 degree view of Bodega Bay, we cannot complain. We had no problems with bugs or cleanliness as others have noted.

Stayed: September 2017
29.2 km away
Fort Ross Lodge
Fort Ross Lodge
#1 of 3 in Jenner

Been to Inn at the Tides? Share your experiences!