“The worst Saltimbocca of my life”

Boulder Creek Brewery & Cafe
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The worst Saltimbocca of my life”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

You better get a sandwich at the store across the street. Also the other food was clearly below average. Too bad given the very nice location.

1 Thank tomjazz

Orlando
“Good food, great beer”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Our family of four really enjoyed dinner here. The food was fresh and the menu was beyond the traditional fare that you would expect at a brew pub. The spicy chicken wrap has a good kick to it! The beer was the highlight (of course!) My wife opted for a sampler flight that was a great value and I went with simple pint service. The atmosphere made it comfortable for the kids as well, as it doesn't feel like a "bar".

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank Bubba1202
Houghton, Michigan
“Their food seems to be getting as good as their beer”
Reviewed 14 February 2010

My husband and have eaten at the Boulder Creek Brewery dozens of times--We like their food (it's very reasonable) but I never thought their food was even close to their beer. Tonight everything we ate was delicious-some of the best garlic potatoes I've ever tasted and all the sauces tingled our taste buds. I asked our waitress if they had hired a new chef but found out that they cut back on their selections so they could focus on quality instead of quantity. It seems to have worked and for this reason, I am upgrading my score and comments. Also, our server, Bay, was a big part of the reason our pre-Valentine's dinner made me realize this restaurant is even better than I said, earlier.

3 Thank MarriedWidow
Surrey, UK
“Down-home food, well cooked, smart service, not expensive”
Reviewed 18 November 2009

Staying in Ben Lomond for first time on visit from UK, not familiar with local restaurants and put off some places by bad reviews on Tripadvisor, we picked this place to eat simply one evening and were well and truly pleased. Not a fancy place, probably can get a bit noisy near the bar; several Mexican (or perhaps Tex-Mex) menu items we didn't want but some plain dishes, burgers etc. too. Everything clean, quick and willing service, prices low for hereabouts. Perhaps not for a quiet romantic candle-lit occasion, but highly recommended if you want good stuff served by friendly welcoming people without breaking your budget.

2 Thank usaphile