“OK food but I wouldn't go back again”
Review of 9 Burger

9 Burger
Ranked #10 of 14 Restaurants in Boulder Creek
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Had dinner there the other night. The food was ok but not really memorable. The one thing that was memorable was the homeless guy that showed up to clean the restaurant while we and several other families were eating. The homeless man proceeded to dig through the garbage and eat food out of the garbage can right in the center of the restaurant. The staff all saw him doing this and made no attempt to stop him so I can only assume this is a regular occurrence.

2  Thank Old_Porsche_Guy

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Poor service and the burger wasn't that great.
I haven't been back and I would urge others not to go either.

Must try harder!

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Fresh grilled burgers (not fried and frozen) Milkshakes! Generous fresh toppings such as avocado and mushrooms Appetizers such as fried avocado/poppers. 4-5 Beers on tap. Call ahead if a large group Caring and quick staff. We ate here twice this past week and I enjoyed each meal

Reviewed 11 August 2016

In the middle of no where, great roadside burger place. Liked our burgers, great on tap beer selection and great variety of bottled sodas. Fried pickles were a bit salty but nice to have something out of the ordinary. Will return next.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

OK, I’ll admit I’ve never actually eaten on the premises BUT I’ve had takeout from 9 Burger many, many times. While some people seem to like the food here, IMHO this establishment only stays in business because they have no competition ever since the Boulder Creek Brewery burned down.

Their burgers are very, very average. Large, yes, but the meat is dry and tough, the bread-to-meat ratio is skewed heavily towards bread, and if you order a burger with cheese chances are half the cheese will have fallen onto the grill during the cooking process so you get a weirdly greasy but dried out appendage to your burger (which I personally find disgusting).

The menu is limited with not many other options besides burgers. They do have a chicken breast sandwich which you can get “grilled” for a relatively more healthy option, however the few times I’ve tried one it featured 2 stringy and dry breasts that I could barely get my teeth through. My husband sometimes gets the fried chicken version, which looks like Chicken McNuggets on a bun … sometimes he likes it, other times not so much.

On the more positive side, the bacon they use is tasty, and they finally added avocado to the topping options. Fries are just OK but the onion rings are pretty good. They do have a special sauce that seems like a sriracha-mayo type of deal, which is great if you actually get some on your sandwich (sometimes you do, sometimes you don’t and requesting it doesn’t seem to increase your chances).

I’d give this place a slightly better review if I was just talking about their food. The biggest issue I have with 9 Burger is the service … I’m not sure how many times they’ve screwed up our order but I’m guessing their success rate to be around 50%.

My husband works from home and once a week he likes to get takeout for lunch; it’s not always from 9 Burger but he goes there maybe 1x a month, maybe 2. There have been numerous times that he’s texted me in frustration to say the counter person only ordered one burger not 2, or she forgot to order a side, or she let someone else walk out with our order and handed my husband the other person’s order. Also there have been many times the food has arrived home and opened only to find a topping we paid for was missing.

This type of incompetence is inexcusable to me and not just because I worked in the food industry for many years … Taking an order, placing an order and packing an order is NOT rocket science and generally shows a lack of care and respect for the paying customers, and it is SO maddening to spend time and money to go get food and not end up with what you want and what you paid for.

So, bottom line is go to 9 Burger if you must have a burger. But, when getting takeout definitely double check (or triple check) your order before leaving!