All reviews place to stay plenty of parking wine tasting miles pets iron puppy microwave coast grass
Reviewed 12 November 2017

This is nothing spectacular, just a room to stay in while you're out doing other things. Ditto on the soap, shampoo, hairdryer, etc. Close to local eateries and things to do. Paid internet is a Pain in the keister too

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

On a spur of the moment trip up to San Simeon we stopped here after spending 2-½ hours in LA traffic on a Friday. We had our two 6-month old pups and the motel change promotes being “Pet Friendly”. The place was pristine, and cleaner than a lot of higher end places we’ve stayed.

The green space for the puppies was great also. It was also close to Starbucks which was a bonus.

I would take off ½ point for the scratchy sheets, but they were clean...just not the highest thread count. I guess Tom Bodett likes his sheets and towels a bit on the rough side, and doesn’t believe in shampoo, conditioner, or hair dryers!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Okay, what can I say. If you just want a clean room, comfortable beds, a place to clean up and not spend a fortune, then this is the place for you. No frills! I mean no shampoo, no lotion, no coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator, no closet, no iron or hairdryer and towels that will remove that first layer of skin. But the place was clean and had comfortable beds. Talk about bare bones, this is the place.

Room tip: Any where but do not have a north facing room at the back over looking the US 101!
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sunshine033
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel for a night , during our travels from Las Vegas to San Francisco. The front desk staff was very pleasant but the room was Beyond small. This room had a half a table and two chairs and two beds which made it almost impossible to walk in the room if you had suitcases. The towels were rough it just isn't anyplace I would stay again.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I'm not a big Motel 6 guy, but just needed a room for the night on my way up the coast. Was pleasantly surprised at how refreshed the room was. Again, its a Motel 6 not the W, but was far more modern, clean and in good repair than I ever expected.

Manager was very helpful as well as I needed to find a hardware store to repair some equipment.

Date of stay: July 2017