“Odd Little Place”

Ranked #8 of 434 Restaurants in Burbank
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 August 2017

The food is good; it's always crowded, I just don't like the cafeteria style service. You have to line up and order your food and take it to your table.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We came across this lovely Italian diner by chance and we were so glad we found it! It is a real old school institution and there is a nice Italian market attached. Big variety on the menu and we chose the lasagne - really tasty and authentic. Service was excellent - even though it was busy we did not wait too long. Popular with the locals as well as visitors, good atmosphere. Very good prices too. A guy waiting in line said he had been going there since he was 4 and it's been open 51 years! Will definitely return when next in the area.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

My husband and I went on a busy Sat night. We waited about 20 min in line to order, get our food, pay, and find a seat. I got the spinach ravioli in the pink sauce (the pink sauce is amazing), and added a large meatball for less than $2. My husband got chicken parmesan with spaghetti and the meat sauce. Both came with 2 large pieces of garlic bread. I also got a glass of red wine and the whole meal came to $26! You really can't beat the price for a generous helping of delicious Italian food. You carry your food on a tray to whatever table you want, and guys walk around clearing and cleaning tables when you are done. There is a side station where you can help yourself to to-go containers, bags, and extra silverware.
Everything was good and affordable and I can't wait to come back. My only, and I mean only, complaint was the chicken in the chicken parm was a whole breast that was slightly breaded. I do expect chicken parm to be pounded thinner and fully breaded. This is a healthier version, just not what I'd expect when ordering chicken parm at an Italian joint.

Save room after dinner to get in line for gelato. Just like the dinner, it's worth the wait. So many flavors to chose from, and they even let you split your scoop between 2 flavors. Butter Pecan was rich and very buttery. The strawberry cheesecake was also very tasty.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

i work just down magnolia so this is a weekly go to. lots of lunchtime activity behind the glass making everyone's plate of food. no pizza until late afternoon though.
food is easy and good.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I LOVED it here!! In Seattle, most of our little Italian delis and Italian-American restaurants from days gone by are just that - gone by. So finding an old school Italian deli/food counter was such a treat! I had a good feeling about the place when I first got there - I just grabbed a Spumoni Gelato - very yummy. But as you walk around the Magnolia Blvd shopping district, you find out from people that Monte Carlo/Pinnocchio's is a 2nd kitchen for many of them.
This is down home Italian-American fare! Do NOT look for nouvelle prep here! Grab a tray, go around the steam trays and tell them what you want. The Eggplant Parm is just how remember it as a kid.