Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$435
US$369
US$339
Brannan Cottage Inn(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$349
The Craftsman Inn(Calistoga)
Priceline
The Bergson(Calistoga)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfire pitsoaking poolhot springsmud bathswim lapshot poolspool areabeen coming here for yearssmall kitchenetteget awayrooms are nicelove this placekeep coming backking roomthe main streetwine tastingmid week
Reviewed 8 March 2017

We were very excited to spend the weekend in Calistoga and chose Calistoga Spa and Hot Springs based on the great reviews on TripAdvisor. Boy were we disappointed! Initially we had made appointments for the spa and were assured that the remodel would be complete prior to our arrival. They did call us the day before to let us know that it would not be done but they could still provide the services in the un-remodeled men's section. When we arrived we took and tour and decided while it wasn't as nice, we'd give it a try. At the time they assured us that we would not be disrupted with construction noise. So we did the mud bath service, the staff was less than helpful – pretty much repeating a script and not putting anyone at ease for their first time. As we were changing in the locker room an entire of family with teenager boys joined us which was a bit surprising! Then came the massage. While the massage staff were AMAZING, one of the best massages I had, we were surprised to be constantly interrupted with construction noise.
Regarding the facility – I’m giving it a few stars for the pools which were really nice, clean and great temperatures – even in bad weather. The cleaned staff was less than exceptional, never picked up wet towels or bathrobes after 3 days of accumulation. Didn’t leave us with soap to clean dishes and didn’t clean the dishes. Did leave us with Toilet Paper. No extra mirrors in the room. Just meh all around. I did complain at the front desk, after the 2nd day of complaints they offered 50% off my spa treatments.
For $300 a night to stay in a somewhat remodeled motel I found this place incredibly disappointing. Their customer services is dismal and nobody really seems to care. I won’t be going back.

Room Tip: try to get 2nd floor - poor construction makes for lots of heavy foot prints overhead
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cassiewalkerjohnson
MikeLennon, General Manager at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Hello Ms. Johnson, I would like to offer our apology for the spa not been fully renovated when you stayed with us. We had a few delays that we were navigating and did not intend for it to affect your visit with us, which it obviously did. We hope if you visit Calistoga again in the future we may have the opportunity to show our best to you and your guests. Michael Lennon - GM

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Our family comes here very presidents day weekend. We have been doing this for the past 6 years. The service is always great. The rooms have been updated and are very nice and roomy.

The pools and the location of the hotel are excellent. Our son loves the pools and did not want to get out at any point.

I highly recommend this hotel great value, not pretentious prefect location and you cannot beat the pools and hot tub.

1  Thank ledieff
Reviewed 3 March 2017

We love it here and go several times a year. Great spot for the whole family but can also be a good romantic get away. Very close to great restaurants and shopping just park your car and walk everywhere

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are nice with outdoor BBQ
Reviewed 28 February 2017

My wife and I have joined a group of friends for an annual get together here for roughly two decades. We usually visit in February or March to avoid the busy season. I believe you can say we have been a good customer, collectively. Overall, the experience has been positive and we have enjoyed a well-deserved relaxing time, enjoying the pools and picnicking. The recent renovations of the rooms and other areas of the complex have been a plus. Room service also has been very good. But regrettably, I am compelled to address the recent dramatic price increases. It seems many lodging prices have accelerated in recent years, likely thanks to the SF Bay Area economy. Too, major upgrades are expensive. All of this is recognized. However, the pricing hikes seem to offer less of a sufficient break for off-season, and for days in the middle of the week. We are at a tipping point now, where if we are going to spend what is now being asked for, we want more. If the price continues to rise at a similar rate over the next years, my wife and I will likely look at other options, leaving the remainder of the group to make their own decisions. As a point of reference, we I were able to secure a night at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn off-season for just $30 more per night. We truly hope this represents a plateau for pricing, now that the upgrades are largely complete.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room if you are in a two story wing, otherwise, you will hear every footstep from upstairs neighbors, loud and clear.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Walt_77
Reviewed 24 February 2017

I have more than 50 years of experience coming to this Hotel, and I recently stayed over night because the current management has eliminated all Day Visitors/Users. It was shocking to learn that current management would have so much animosity for the mainstay of this historical business, and I learned that prices were doubled despite Day Visitors having paid handsomely in the past 15 years for the pleasure of day use. We had a reservation, and even so, we waited 5 hours for a room to be "ready". By the time a room was "ready", it was pouring rain, and since this hotel has no covered entrance of any kind, all of our belongings and the interiors of the car were soaking wet. Soaking. After trying to dry a few items, we threw on our swim suits and headed to the adult soaking pool which is represented as being at least 103 degrees F. It's the reason for coming to the place. Well, it was 79 degrees F, and it felt cold. Eventually, a maintenance person noticed, and it took another 2 hours to even heat the pool to 95 degrees F. The beds were very adequate, but the plumbing in the buildings housing the rooms is not. I was awaken at least 15 times during the night whenever another hotel guest used a bathroom anywhere in the building. There were other skimping stinginess issues like no paper towells and a totally inadequate number of towells. The latter made no sense at all. So, no great pools and no rest at extraordinary prices.

6  Thank TravelPlenty5