“Wonderful Stay!”

Casa Lana Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We enjoyed our overnight stay at Casa Lana. We stayed in the Palisades room (the larger room) and the room is great. It has its own entrance that is nice and it was very private and quiet. The room itself is very comfortable with very nice bedding, large king bed, candles, bath/shower, TV, music with CDs, private deck with great view; and all was very clean. Lana also has a wonderful garden on the property that was fun to view and talk to her about. Her kitchen is also AWESOME and she cooked a great breakfast that include coffee/juice all set up in nice patio surrounded by wonderful flowers. Lana was very nice and offered some great advise about wineries and restaurants to visit. All in all, we felt very comfortable and plan to stay there again. One more thing, it was a short distance to downtown and all the Calistoga wineries. Loved the location! Thanks Lana.

Room Tip: There are two rooms; we stayed in the bigger room, the Palisades and loved it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jen H

Reviewed 4 July 2012

My wife and I spent a long weekend in Napa for our 18th wedding anniversary. We stayed at Casa Lana B&B in Calistoga. It is a wonderful B&B very close to town. It is in a quiet area and has great privacy. The accomodations are first class and Lana (owner) is a great hostess! She grows a lot of fruits and veggies in the yard and uses them to prepare the meals. Her yard is worth the visit to see all the herbs, fruit trees, vegatables and flowers. Your day starts off with breakfast outside by the Napa River. THere are many wonderful wineries and other great attactions nearby. If you are looking for a great getaway in Napa look no further. Casa Lana is your place! We will definitely return for another stay!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have privacy. We stayed in the Acorn room and it is great.
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay. Such a beautiful place! We spent the morning after breakfast (excellent!) reading in the garden and I took many pictures to remember Casa Lana by. We will come again!

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Wow! Casa Lana is unlike any other Calistoga B&B. Set well back in a neighborhood and hard against the Napa River (creek while we were there), the setting is peaceful and silent. You are a short walk on sidewalks to town, but a world away from the noise of Hwy 29. We slept with our windows open for four nights and the only non natural sounds we heard were kids playing on the fields across the river. Yes, we slept late!

The food was spectacular, all set-up requests were met, and Nick (our stand-in Inn Keeper while Lana was on vacation) was charming and spot-on. He managed through Lana's incredible breakfast menu with skill and style.

Casa Lana is a haven for relaxation. It is not a high-end spa, there is no fitness center, and there are only two rooms. But we'll be back for one of those rooms as soon as we are in Calistoga again.

1  Thank screen_name_bad
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I recently took a cooking class with Lana at Casa Lana. It was a wonderful experience and I learned alot of tips that will help me be a better cook. Lana is an excellent teacher and the two lessons that I took away from the class is that I am a wasteful cook and that I serve the food too soon. There were many other tidbits like this that I will utilize at home. Things I've always read about that I never put into practice and Lana drilled home. Casa Lana is beautiful, the grounds are beautful and the kitchen is perfect for teaching. My classmates were alot of fun, adding to the enjoyment. Thanks, Lee, Jason, David, John, Nicole, Marilyn and Elaine!! And of course, Lana was the best. My hubby and I are talking about going back to Casa Lana the next time we are in Napa (maybe late next year). Submitted by Rosemary Olchawski, Corfu, NY.

Room Tip: I did not stay at Casa Lana.
2  Thank Rosemary O