“Nice Host at small B&B”

Casa Lana Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 December 2016

We recently spent a couple nights at Casa Lana during a visit to Calistoga.

The host (Lana) was very nice and an excellent chef, so the breakfasts were very good. The small bedroom room was nicely appointed and very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was very large with a large tub plus a separate shower and a separate water closet.

The only disappointments were the lack of soap in the bathroom and the microscopic TV in the bedroom. It was tough to watch the TV across the room.

This is a nice B&B at the Chef's personal home, with nice furniture and nice grounds and a Hot Tub that is always Hot. It is in a quiet residential neighborhood, with a small creek behind the place. It must be amazing during the summer months.

It is a short few blocks walking distance to the main street in Calistoga with a number of nice shops. (Be sure to check out Roam Antiques and "Sticks and Stones")

Room Tip: There are only two rooms, and we only saw the one we stayed in so not recommendations.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
casalana, Owner at Casa Lana Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Thank you for your review of CasaLana. I appreciate that you took time to share your experience with others. The bathroom has cream shower gel and liquid hand soap. I also provide bar soap in the cabinet and I'm sorry you didn't find that. I'll make sure to mention it to guests in the future.
I appreciate your feedback about the TV. In this day of being used to 60"+ screens, it is understandable that a 27" may not be what you are accustomed to viewing. Duly noted, I will look into a larger screen that is still an appropriate size for the room.
I hope to welcome you to CasaLana for another visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

When I began searching for a place to stay while planning a recent trip to Napa Valley, I didn't really know what I wanted. I looked at big hotels in Napa and small, private B&B's outside of town where we could enjoy the a relaxing week a little away from it all. But, both have draw backs. You want to be able to walk to nice restaurants and bars yet not feel like you are in the middle of the hustle and bustle of a large city. It was a quandary. Luckily, we found Casa Lana and realized you can have the perfect blend of both.

The house is at the end of a quiet residential street in Calistoga and the property backs up to the Napa River. While it isn't a large river at this point, the trees lining the banks and Lana's beautiful landscaping/gardens provide a secluded, restful spot while still being walking distance to the restaurants and resorts downtown. The walk to town is down a quaint street lined with historic homes and churches. Lana provided passes for the city shuttle, but enjoyed the walk and never used them.

We were also extremely pleased with the accommodations and Lana's hospitality. This was my first B&B experience and I was a little concerned about the expected interactions with the inn keeper. I have heard plenty of horror stories about grumpy inn keepers, etc. Lana put my fears at ease very quickly. She was friendly, polite and helpful, but never intrusive. She was quick to offer very good advice about local restaurants or attractions when asked, but never tried to pressure us into activities. She was a wonderful host. We really enjoyed her homemade, gourmet breakfasts on the patio as well. You can't beat watching hummingbirds feed on her flowers in the garden while eating freshly baked scones with apple butter made from apple trees on the property. It was such a great day to start the day.

The room was very well appointed as well. We stayed in the larger of the two rooms so I can only comment about that one. It had a private entrance and a large master bath, with both a large tub and walk in shower. As much as we were enjoying the wineries and restaurants, we found ourselves hanging out and relaxing back at the property with a nice bottle of wine as the week went on. The hot tub helped with that.

I can't say enough good things about our stay at Casa Lana. Like I told her when we were checking out, we plan to be back. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
casalana, Owner at Casa Lana Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2016

Thank you so much for your detailed comments and review of CasaLana. I am happy you enjoyed a positive and memorable experience for your first B&B stay.
Being fed by run-off the Napa river fluctuates with rainfall - you should see and hear it now!

I look forward to having you return for another visit. Lana

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Lana offers a serene and peaceful place to stay. The architecture and beauty of the grounds are breathtaking. The hospitality and food is also 5 star, and her knowledge of the area and wineries offers up great advice for the Napa Valley....

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
casalana, Owner at Casa Lana Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. I am happy CasaLana had a part in making your 25th wedding anniversary a wonderful, memorable celebration. I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. Calistoga is a really cool town to visit. Casa Lana is a great B&B with a gourmet breakfast prepared by Lana. Lana was a perfect and gracious hostess! We would definitely recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your comments and sharing your opinion with other travelers.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

We would not stay in other place in Calistoga except Casa Lana. It is lovely, has full amenities and is surrounded by gardens and on the river so it is peaceful. Lana is a trained chef who provides wonderful hospitality and a fabulous breakfast. We even had a birthday celebration there once with Lana leading a fun participatory dinner cooking class and our enjoying the fruits of our labor afterwards with several friends who still talk about it. There is a free shuttle to and from downtown even though it is also within walking distance. It is off the beaten path but close to everything!

Room Tip: Upstair room is a bit larger but both are very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
casalana, Owner at Casa Lana Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Thanks for taking time to post your comments. It is always great to see you. I look forward to your return on your next visit to Napa Valley.