All reviewsoutdoor showerlakehouse restaurantliving roomhiking trailsbedroom lodgedouble sided fireplacehalf bathoutdoor living areaconcierge staffroom service isseparate buildingslarge deckchicken coopwine countrybottle of champagnebeautiful propertywet bar
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Our family stayed here a week or so ago and had a fabulous experience. The "Estate Lodge" was superb - a special experience - and the general level of service and attention to detail was excellent. Try as I might I couldn't fault them. If we end up in this part of the world again we will undoubtedly stay here.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear 859RichardB,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your time in the Estate Lodge, our most secluded lodge near the banks of serene Lommel Lake. We could hardly think of a more perfect place for a peaceful retreat.
I would love to pass along your compliments to our staff as well. They take great pride in the service they provide and truly love to create a relaxing experience for all of our guests. We would love to welcome you back for a return trip very soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Wow is what I say every time I come to Calistoga Ranch. I've had the opportunity to come 5 or 6 times now. This is a very private hotel, and all the rooms are free-standing bungalows, if you want to call it that. They are usually split into two buildings joined by a deck with a sunken hot tub. You don't really see any other rooms from your room, you usually have a view of the oak trees, creek, etc. You can call and have someone pick you up in a golf cart and wisk you around the property, or you can stroll under the oaks. It's a very expansive property, and some people like the stroll, and others will want the golf cart.

There are two beautiful pools, the higher up one on the hill is shallow and perfect for younger people.

The property is so quiet. Serene. Come here to relax! I've only been in the May-October range, and it's very warm...but the pool is cool, the workout room is open air and has such a great feel to it. There is an outside bar near the pool which makes relaxing even easier.

It would be very hard to be disappointed here....unless you thought you were coming to a high rise in a big city...because this is the opposite of that! :)

Enjoy!

Stayed: May 2018

Dear Karna R,

I have to say wow too! Thank you very much for choosing to return to Calistoga Ranch again and again and for the kind review! It makes me very happy to hear how much you enjoy the property. The layout of our guest lodges allow for a full immersion into nature and a calm and serene experience. We hope to welcome you back for another visit very soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

We were recommended this hotel arriving from Europe for a longer mix of business and holiday in the San Francisco area and were not dissapointed. After a long trip the receptiong team immediately understood that all we needed is to find our rooms and enjoy a quick room service meal. During the next days, we enjoyed the pool, spa and the outstanding breakfast, lunch and dinner, not to mention the great selection of wines.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear MarcErzberger,

I am honored that you would travel so far and choose Calistoga Ranch as your destination resort during your holiday. It sounds like you had a wonderful time relaxing and enjoying the property. We hope to make this your forever choice and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

What a fabulous place! From the time we arrived to the time we left, everything was superb. We loved the deer that appeared in the evening at the restaurant while we ate the most fabulous meals! The pool staff were great, constantly filling water glasses etc even in the blazing heat and the valet guys always with a smile and a lift! My only niggle would be that we were told that children weren’t allowed in the main pool- I have no problem with that, taking my 10 and 13yr old up to the children’s pool was no problem. However, it was annoying to see a whole bunch of much younger kids in the main pool the next day - if you have an exclusionary rule, it should be for everyone as I would have much preferred to spend the afternoon at the main pool. Thank you for the lovely parting gift of a packet of flower seeds - such a fantastic idea! We will definitely be back and I can’t wait!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully positioned for both privacy and views.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear MrsTravelChic,

You are welcome to stay forever whenever you want! We love that you caught sight of our friends during your fabulous meal at the Lakehouse. Being sublimely located on 157 acres, tucked away in our own private canyon, we share our spectacular home with many of our woodland friends. I am so happy you enjoyed the seeds and we can't wait to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

100% recomend taking private vineyard tours set up by the hotel consierge! The eggs Benedict in the restaurante are delicious and the rooms are amazing! They have outdoor showers, jacuzzi, and a cozy living room with a fireplace!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear marinalm39,

We take great pride in our property here at Calistoga Ranch and just love to hear the positive feedback from our guests. Our goal is to have our guests experience a full immersion into nature during their stay; taking an outdoor shower then cuddling by the fire is a fantastic way to do that. We hope you return for another visit very soon!