All reviews mud bath spa treatments napa valley steam room blanket wrap the main street the location is perfect mineral pool restaurants and shops get away wine tasting love this place motel pools martha spas vintage
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Pools were not the temps advertised, very cold, uncomfortable. They knew there was a problem prior to check in but did not tell us. The whole point of this visit to Calistoga was to sit & soak, which we could not do. Front desk staff explanations were vague. No manager onsite nor reachable by phone. After the trip, still trying to reach management - no response. Will never go here again. Both Calistoga Spa & Roman Spa were lovely, excellent experiences. Recommend either one.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I've been going here since I was a kid and I'm always excited when I go. It's the best mud bath in all of Napa. The hot spring pools are amazing and let me not forgot how magical body treatments are. This location is a Calistoga legend and historical place. For the best spa experience, this is a must do.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank mariag
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Many thanks for your kind review! We remain in the heart of downtown Calistoga and will be celebrating 66 years of family legacy come 2 July!!!

Simple, natural relaxation!

Reviewed 30 November 2017

A lovely place in Calistoga. Situated downtown, it is walkable to many restaurants and shops. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. It obviously was an old time motel, but the rooms appear up to date and stylish. The resort has a variety of spa offerings. We indulged in the works, including mud, mineral water, and massage. It was sort of pricey at $200 per person, but well worth the experience. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely return if coming back to Calistoga.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I have said it a thousand times...Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort is the best place to stay in Calistoga....AND THE BEST BAY AREA GET AWAY!! Nick at the front desk checked me into my favorite room....Mark the owner pleasant and professional was there as well. So important to be noticed. Excellent service is hard to come by and people have choices and I CHOSE DWHSR!!

Had the best nite sleep!! Monique head of housekeeping keeps those linens so soft i don't know how she does it...but amazing and I sleep like a baby.
The grounds are immaculate!! Pool areas and landscaping spectacular. Brendon and Howard work very hard at keeping this beautiful place impeccable!!

Martha and Trina run the spa bath house like a well oiled machine...CLEAN, QUIET AND QUAINT. Roy is my favorite massage therapist...after my session I feel the positive results through out the week...I just love this place and will be back in a couple of weeks...you must check it out...oh and Dennis at the Front Desk was so helpful with post fire driving directions...and YES IT IS EASY TO GET INTO Calistoga POST FIRE...THEY ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!!

Room Tip: See review
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Hello Katharine m,

Thanks so much for the kind words! Your praise has been shared with the entire staff and we all look forward to your return!

Calistoga is "back to normal". The fall colors are stunning and the roads are open! We are thankful for our return guests, new guests, and the fire responders who saved so much of what Calistoga and the Napa Valley are known for! And the pools .....look great!

Indeed, we are open and with gratitude, continue our 65 year legacy!

-Mark

Reviewed 17 October 2017

What a great decision to come try this :-) had no idea what to expect.... some writing fantastic, others that its smelly and horrible......

Well yes its a bit smelly, its mud for gods sake !! but you get used to it and the experience is like being in a huge warm coat suspended in mid air..... I was worried my girlfriend might not like it either, but she also really enjoyed the experience..... and yes its rather 1950's but that gives it an original feel.......

Definitely try it, the mud does actually wash off for those writing that you are dirty.... and you feel great all day......

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pfletch88
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

So glad you enjoyed your visit!! We've been helping people relax for almost 66 years. Our mid-century modern property is indeed authentic...and we like it that way!

Thanks again.