“Fresh hearty Italian with great service”
Review of Checker's

Checker's
Ranked #11 of 46 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2017

We dined at Checker's and were pleased with the setting, service, and food. They have a fairly extensive Italian menu with a good wine list. Our server was prompt and friendly. The bacon mac and cheese appetizer is great, but enough to fill me up before entrée! Chicken carbonara was rich and very tasty. Grilled prawns on angel hair pasta also very good, though more prawns would have been nice with the large pasta serving. Take home boxes were necessary!

Reviewed 27 November 2016

The first thing I notice when I enter a new restaurant is the aroma. This place had none. I expected to get at least a little whiff of garlic or cooking meat from an Italian restaurant but it smelled pretty sterile. The service was very friendly and the atmosphere was warm but the salad was skimpy. The pizza bites were hot and tasty but we weren't inclined to order anything else.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

Offers mainly pasta and pizza which makes it a popular place for families with children. Nice dining room

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

Had lunch with my sister. I had Chinese Chicken salad, my sister had Chicken Cesar salad. Very good food. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

We had a large cheese and sausage pizza, very traditional but if it is done well it is our favorite. And it was prepared perfectly. A nice thin, crispy crust, lots of cheese and spicy sausage.