See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 December 2013

It's cheap and clean. We selected Motel 6 because it would permit a cat in the room. Most motels frown on cats. If we were not traveling with the cat we would not have stayed at Motel 6. There was nothing special about the room. Denny's is next door and Presto Pasta is nearby.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Spent 5 weeks at Motel 6 Camarillo in between a cross-country move. For the price, it was convenient, well-located with good shops/restaurants next door in every direction, and close to the outlets. The setting is by a lake/residential community with ducks who live year-round. The setting is pleasant, and it is close to a Trader Joe's if you have a fridge/micro in your room. The staff were pleasant and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again - good value, and great area. The rooms are small but cozy. Not the most modern motel but perfectly adequate for the value. I gave it a 4/5 because it is an older motel. I enjoyed my time in Camarillo, and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Marine700
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We'd never stayed in a Motel 6 before but had heard that it was reasonable accomodation at a resonable rate. The night receptionist was helpful, polite and professional. We asked for a quiet room as we'd just flown in, picked up the car and driven up from LA. The room we received was clean but (in our opinion) worn and tired, no fridge, microwave or coffee maker and didn't feel in the least welcoming. What was worse was we were woken by local workers shouting and yelling to each other outside our room from 5am onwards. When we asked them to try to be a little more quite they treated us with contempt. We are now led to believe that a lot of local construction workers use this hotel for a base.(the motel's car park was full of construction vehicles pulling out from 5.00am onwards) We would not stay at this motel again and consider it one of the worse we have ever stayed in whilst in the USA (and we've stayed in a lot)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Spent one night, chosen to be close to the outlet shops. Boy were we lucky we booked online beforehand, the difference in rates is quite apparent. The people are friendly and courteous, from the manager to the housekeeping staff. The rooms are reasonable and the cleanliness OK. Plenty of good eating-out options nearby, also withing walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TineTom
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Made reservations for 6 nights. Checked in afternoon first day (SUN). First full day(MON) left for most of day, returned to motel and card key would not work. Had to reprogram it. Purchased WIFI service and was given wrong pass word code. Had to go back to office for correct code. Second day(TUES) same thing, card key had to be reprogramed. Ice machines broken and they had no clue as to when they would be repaired. Was told by front office to go and purchase ice myself and they would refund the price of it. What would I do with 5 pounds of ice with no ice chest? Room very small with no place to unpack and put clothing. Bed very unconfortable. Non-
smoking room but bed cover had burn holes in it from some one smoking in bed. I know it was washed and came from another room but the staff still should have been able to see the burn holes like I was able to.
facing 3 more nights at motel hell, will up date his review as needed.

Room Tip: Sleep in your automobile before you sleep here. Will never stay at another Motel 6 again. Read all the reviews and believe me I wish I had read them.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family