El Colibri Hotel and Spa(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$186
Moonstone Landing(Cambria)
US$199
Bluebird Inn(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$109
Cambria Landing Inn & Suites(Cambria)
US$203
US$181
Official Site
Cambria Pines Lodge(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$215
Oceanpoint Ranch
US$237
US$230
1,480 results
All reviewsmoonstone beachacross the streetocean viewhearst castlewine and cheesewafflesking suitesmall balconyjetted tubhot breakfastpotatoesceiling fansitting areagas fireplacenice breakfastbeautiful roomwonderful stay
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This was by far one of my best experiences on my trip to Cambria! The gentleman at the front desk, Chris, was so helpful and very accommodating. We will definitely be back to stay on our next family trip!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jenne732018
PelicanGM, General Manager at Pelican Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi there Jenne,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of The Pelican and the kind world about Chris. I know each and everyone of our team member work hard everyday to make sure our guest have that perfect stay and have amazing stories to tell about their vacation. I am happy to hear we did jus that.

We look forward to your next stay

Warm Regards

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We had trouble getting on the internet , also our cell phones did not work while in the room it seems to be a dead zone. The rooms were clean and comfortable and love the area the breakfast left a lot to be desired the eggs were cold and the bacon looked like it has seen better days and the bread only one choice full of fiber and the bagels had to have butter added as they were very dry. The guy who was looking after the breakfast did not speak english so was hard to talk to just saying in this situation you should be able to speak to the guests when they ask you something, We went to the bakery for breakfast after the first day. It was more expensive then the other hotels we have stayed at as well so thought it would be better but was not.

Room Tip: only stayed once plain room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
PelicanGM, General Manager at Pelican Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Pelican Inn and Suite, I am so sorry to hear the we did not meet your expectation, Pelican has become a favorite get away place for most, Our Team Members work very hard to exceed our guest expectations as you can see in all of our reviews.
Please feel free to reach out to me should you decide to give us a second chance. AS we do work very hard to ensure that perfect stay.
Cell service can be limited being by the Ocean as there is nothing to control the waves.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across this hotel late one evening whilst driving through Cambria- we stopped to ask for accommodation at the hotel with Chris at reception
Who helped us and was so accommodating with giving us the most beautiful room with fireplace and bath after a very long day driving . CHRIS was so helpful with dinner reservations, where to go and what to see. The room was just amazing , breakfast was also included in our rate which was lovely . Moonbeach is just so picturesque and we will definitely visit again . Thank you so much Chris you are to be commended on your fantastic friendly service and we only wish we could have stayed an extra couple days .

Maria and Gary - Australia

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mari529
PelicanGM, General Manager at Pelican Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Maria and Gary,

What a delight to have you as a guest at The Pelican Inn & Suites... Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy travels to write this amazing review. Chris is the pinnacle of what he does and enjoys making sure our guest have that Perfect stay.
Please visit us again when you come to the central coast.

Best Regards

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Pelican Inn and Suites. We were two couples and they even upgraded us free of charge to put us side by side! The personnel were friendly and very informative as to the sights and wineries in the region. The rooms were lovely, spacious and very clean. The breakfast was both hot and cold and just excellent! I’d strongly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. The hotel is right on the ocean and the views are lovely!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi There,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Pelican Inn & Suites, it is great to hear you had an amazing time. As our team works hard to ensure our guest have that perfect stay.
Please hurry back soon.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I want to love this hotel. I want to be able to give it a 5 star rating. But I can’t, because it is 3:55am and I am awake for probably the 5th time tonight because this bed is so uncomfortable I can’t sleep.

The service at check-in was great. There was a long line of folks waiting to check-in, but the front desk staff handled it efficiently and calmly and I was off to my room in no time. They had cookies, water, and tea available in the lobby to enjoy while waiting.

I walked into my room and instantly fell in love with it. It is very cute and well appointed. It was a little stuffy, so I opened up a window and even at 4am, I love the cool ocean air that’s coming in and I can hear the waves crashing onto the shore. I dropped off my belongings and went about the rest of my afternoon.

I went to bed at about 10pm, and that’s when I fell out of love with this hotel. This bed is absolutely terrible. It is extremely hard and has zero give to it. I genuinely believe this bed is so hard I could have slept on the floor and been more comfortable. It feels like I’m sleeping on plywood with a few pillows. I have tossed and turned all night and don’t think I have slept more than two hours at a time. My back and ribs actually feel like someone has punched them all over.

In my mind, the primary purpose of a hotel room is to provide somewhere clean and comfortable for you to sleep and shower. The way it looks, location, other amenities, are all extra. If you can’t get the basics right... what’s the point? I have stayed in Cambria/San Simeon many times. This was my first (and now last) time at this hotel. And I’m sad about it, because I was excited to stay here and really did want to love it.

I want to reiterate that the staff, hotel itself, the ambience, and the location are all excellent. And if you’re someone who enjoys a firm mattress (and we are talking sleeping on the floor firm,) then I guarantee you’re going to love this hotel. Unfortunately, I am so uncomfortable that I can’t.

4:12am. Off to try to get a couple more hours of sleep. Where’s the ibuprofen?

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Kristen P
PelicanGM, General Manager at Pelican Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Kristen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Pelican Inn and Suites, we are so sorry to hear of the Disappointment. As Pelican has become a favorite place for many. I am so sorry that our Bed was uncomfortable for you. As most have a very restful and comfortable sleep. I can be reached at 805-927-1500 should you like to discuss further.
Please reach out to me directly should you decide to give us a second chance, As this is a wonderful place and I will personally check the bed for comfort.

Kind Regards