“Salvadoran & Mexican food”
Review of Fernando's

Fernando's
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Cameron Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Great little place. I typically go for the Salvadoran food myself. Just enough difference from standard Mexican fare. Tamales wrapped in banana leaves, stuffed papusas.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend has been wanting me to come to this place forever, it's her favorite place to go. she brought me there tonight, my opinion, not so much. First of all they don't sell hard alcohol which if anybody has read my reviews Margaritas are the a number one with me I ordered the basic flautas I asked for corn tortillas they gave me flower their salsa was out of a can as their beans were as well the budget is nice if that's what you want but I'm good on this place.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We've tried this restaurant three times in the last few months. It is just okay. The service has been very slow each time, even when they are not busy. The food is pretty good, but not great. I do like how they serve a salad prior to the meal. That is a nice touch.
Overall, we have been disappointed that it is not better since we are new to the area and love Mexican food.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

I went here......once. I love Mexican food, especially Chilli Relleno's. My test of any Mexican Restaurant is how well they make a Relleno. Well, I didn't see one on the menu and asked. They said they had a Chilli Relleno Burrito.......so I ordered it. The tortilla was VERY dried out, as was the chicken (or whatever meat was in it...had to tell), very little cheese and I kept wondering where the peppers were. Food was way over salted (but in all fairness, I grew up eating foods with no added salt), the strawberry lemonade was pitiful (give me Red Robin Freckled any day). The dinning room was small and cramped and there were way too many unruly children. I have never been back. I will still drive to Citrus Heights to get my Mexican Food. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The shopping center has been failing over the years, but not this place which mixes Mexican and Salvadoran food (which I've still not tried). Weekend nights are busy. The friendly staff bends over backward for families and the inevitably cranky kids. This is a place to eat and chat, not look for ambiance. It has a very "Cheers" atmosphere so, go forth and explore. I know I will in subsequent visits. I've yet to be disappointed with their Mexican food.