We stayed 2 nights at the hotel. The rooms reminded us of an old but elegant european mountain resort. Very comfortable and in style. The hotel area itself is superb. We did the crater hike with the hotel guides. Unfortunatly, it was windy as we approached the summit, so we didn't reach the crater. Anyway, after a long hiking day we returned just in time to experience the hot spings - starting with the Natural heated sauna, then the mineral mud, and finished at the hot & cold pools.
The hotel restaurant is in line with the hotel image - elegant, high class service and good food. We had there dinner and breakfast.
On the whole, we didn't feel it was worthwhile to make the trip to the remote Rinkin de la Vieja area, comapred to other options to see in Costa Rica. But if you plan to go there, this hotel is certainly outstanding, and is worth staying while you're there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hot Springs Spa at Borinquen Mountain Resort is your exclusive vacation spot located in Guanacaste in the North Pacific Region of Costa Rica.The Hotel was designed and created in 1999 with the sole purpose of unlocking the exceptional beauty of the Rincon de la Vieja countryside and bringing it to the world. When you visit Hotel Borinquen you are literally stepping into a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Borinquen Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Borinquen Mountain Rincon De La Vieja
- Resort Borinquen Mountain