US$319
US$348
Hotels.com
US$189
TripAdvisor
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$314
Best Western Seacliff Inn(Aptos)(Great Value!)
US$260
Harbor Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$194
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsview of the oceanacross the bridgenightly rategreat restaurants and shopsliving arealove this placebeach hotelsmall balconyhigh seasonper nightwalking distancefree parkingunitmurphyproximityfireplace
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My family and i stayed at the Venetian Court Apartments when Capitola was known as Capitola by the Sea. We went there every summer in August. We loved staying at the Venetian Court.
Our friends, the Messinis owned it then. It is so convenient to the beach! Just a few steps away.
It wasn't fancy but had everything you needed. We were there to enjoy the beach, the ocean,
and all the friends that we made year after year!!!! Nona Hewitt Rodriguez....

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Nona R
Reviewed 27 October 2011

First of all let me say the staff is wonderful,
I arrived late and my significant other did not give me the room number, and the office was closed,
I was there, but about to sleep on the beach, an employee just happened to be on the premises and helped me out-Thank you!
The rooms are quaint, the buildings are artfully done, I would have to agree from another reviewer a bit functionally obsolete, but maybe that's ok too,
one bed I slept on was pure p____, I think I'm gonna call the office tomorrow and buy the damn thing:)
The beach is one of a kind, period.
You are lulled to sleep by the waves, the area respects noise considerations at night
If you get an off season special, it's a very special place (and if you make a lot more $$ than me who cares:)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunajTao
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We have been to the Venetian many times, and have always enjoyed our stay. This is not a 5 star hotel, but a travel back in history, to a quaint spot. The room has a small kitchen and a comfortable bed (our room has a captain's bed) with an extremely small bath. It has a small balcony, which does look over the rooftops of other units, but you still have a view of the Monterey Bay mere feet away, and of the Capitola Village. Once you park your car, you really never need to move it! The Hotel is located right on the beach. There are great restauants in easy walking distance and plenty of shopping. If you go during the week, the village is quiet, but all the amenities are open. If you choose a weekend getaway, especially during the summer, it is jumping - particularly during their Art and Wine weekend in September, where they close a couple of streets and have booths set up with artists selling their wares, lots of local wineries have tasting booths and they have live music. The Venetian is great, but they have an early "quiet" curfew, so don't stay here if you want to party all night!

Room Tip: For event weeks, make reservations way ahead - like the year before!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank inn5
BartfieldGroup, Owner Representative at Capitola Venetian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear Inn5,

Thank you so much for your review! We love our guests and want them to have the best stay possible while they are soaking in all the beauty this area has to offer. It’s really great to hear how much fun you guys have while visiting us!

We know our guests appreciate a relaxing atmosphere and because of this, we are not a party hotel. We consider that a good thing, and we think most travelers do too. Since we are so centrally located, it is extremely convenient to party it up on the town and then walk back to your room. In this way, guests are able to get the best of both worlds!

Thank you again for sharing! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 14 August 2011

We have seen this classic hotel for years but have never actually stayed here.As I st here now looking out the single pane aluminum window, circa 1955' the full moon rises over Monterey Bay, absolutely beautiful, fun, and totally California. At first glance the beautiful period piece "motel style" accommodation looks quirky, artsy, and is the centerpiece of any photograph of Capitola. It's nestled in the cove, on the beach, and the sand is at your doorstep. Our impression ends there. The room we have is a one bedroom suite with a kitchen , living room, nice size bedroom, and "small shower" only bathroom. The bed is awful, the furniture dated, and the towels and hand cloths minimal. soaps and shampoo's are medium to low quality, and no WI FI, at least we could not find it. The price $375 per night was way way way out of line. Even at the beach, on the beach this hotel did not meet that level of price and acomodation. It's old, poorly furnished, and there is very little parking , which is an absolute necessity at the beach. The staff is nice, accommodating, but limited on what they could offer, the wasn't even a dirty laundry plastic bag in the closet !
If you have the means to spend this kind of money I would choose to go someplace that offers modern accomodations, interrnet, service,money parking. But if you are looking for a quirky, crazy, fun location on the beach right out of the 50's this is it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Lorenzo1317
BartfieldGroup, Owner Representative at Capitola Venetian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear Lorenzo1317,
We appreciate your review. Here at the Capitola Venetian, we value every guest experience and use every compliment and criticism in hopes of constantly creating an even better vacation environment. Our hotel is one of the landmarks of Capitola, and is styled and constructed to maintain the vintage beach fashion. It may strike some people as “old”, but it is stylized as such for a reason. We understand if you were expecting more modern accomodations, and we hope you don’t feel you were mislead in any way about what type of hotel our property is. Our vintage style and beach bungalow feel is what we feel gives our hotel character.
It seems that certain amenities were not to your liking and we sincerely apologize for that. We are always on a mission to improve and strive for the highest quality standards possible.
Our prices vary, depending on the time of year. You stayed with us during summer, which is everyone’s peak season, and by far the most expensive time to travel. It is our goal to provide a relaxing beachfront getaway and we sincerely hope that you enjoyed your stay, despite the complaints mentioned above.

Reviewed 11 August 2011

Just returned from what was suppose to be a two night stay with my kids into a one night stay. This place is sleazy, sparsely furnished, dark, and disgusting. DO NOT BELIEVE THE PHOTOS ON THEIR WEBSITE as they are night and day from what you will find. When I first walked into the room my mouth dropped. I couldn't believe I spent $260/night for a room one would probably find in the SF Tenderloin area for $25/night. The pots and pans in the kitchen looked like they had been picked off the side of the road, cleaned and put into the room. Trust me, I'm not a Ritz Carlton type of gal, but for that kind of money I expect decent towels, amenities in the bathroom other than soap, shampoo and lotion, nice pots and pans (and more than one), more lighting to brighten up the rooms and a television in more than just the living area. I brought four kids and it's difficult for everyone to agree on a show. I can go on and on about this hotel, but bottom line......SAVE MONEY AND STAY A BIT FARTHER FROM THE BEACH! THIS PLACE IS A DUMP!

Room Tip: Find another hotel and don't believe this hotel's website pictures or description.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family