Capitola Venetian Hotel
US$126
US$120
Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz - Capitola(Capitola)(Great Value!)
US$134
Capitola Hotel(Capitola)(Great Value!)
US$213
Travelocity
Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$159
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$168
Best Western Seacliff Inn(Aptos)(Great Value!)
US$129
Harbor Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$95
Rio Sands Hotel(Aptos)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$115
All reviewsolder hotelview of the oceannightly rategreat restaurants and shopsliving arealove this placebeach hotelwho caressmall balconyhigh seasonper nightshort walkget awayunitwharfparkingfixtures
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

New ownership has removed all dishes, utensils, and cookware. You can purchase this for an additional $50 on top of the overpriced room. You can also try and get customer service but we never received it. After 12+ years of coming here, we will no longer give money to a business that doesn't put their customers first.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
CapVenetian, Manager at Capitola Venetian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. We no longer keep the rooms stocked with plates and cookware since most of our guests seem to be going to the restaurants near us so kitchen stuff just sat in the room collecting dust. For health reasons we now run everything through a commercial sanitizer and keep them wrapped for cleanliness. We offer dish kits for $25 or cookware for $25. I'm also sorry if you had a problem with our customer service. If you could give me more detail on how our staff let you down I'd appreciate it so we can better serve guests in the future.

manager

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

The condo type room that we rented was terrific. There was a separate bedroom. A bed in the living room, it's cuter than it sounds. A fire in the living area. A living area, kitchen, bathroom with a shower. As well as a small balcony. We rented the kitchen set for $50 so we could do a few meals "at home". The hotel was perfectly located with everything in walking distance. There is a nice grocery within quick driving distance. Liquor and wine available for purchase down the road and great restaurants and shops all within short walking distance. I highly recommend this place. We stayed in room 123.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
CapVenetian, Manager at Capitola Venetian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll be staying with us again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

The hotel itself is older, feels like early 1900's California. Mission style furniture. Beds were ok, nothing amazing.

We selected this hotel because of 1) location, location, location. Amazing views of the nearby Beach and looks across canal to quaint, mediterranean style restaurants and cafes. 2) Options for a kitchen. Having multiple food sensitivities for me, my mother and friend all traveling together we needed the option of preparing our own food. It is almost funny for over $350 a night , the only thing provided in the kitchen was glasses. For another $50 you can get plates and silverware. I think for another $25 or $50 they will also provide cooking pots and pans. For the price of this older hotel, it seems like they would provide necessary equipment to actually use the kitchen!!!! really felt like this was nickling and diming the customer.

Room Tip: end unit fairly quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
BartfieldGroup, Manager at Capitola Venetian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I hope you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry you were disappointed that we charge for dishes and cookware. We now run everything through a commercial sanitizer which was pretty expensive to install and run. You should have been informed that the set of dishes, bowls and silverware would have cost you $25 not $50. $50 would be the charge for a full set of dishes as well as a full set of cookware including pots, pans, cooking utensils, cutting board, mixing bowls, cookie sheet, knife etc. I hope you'll be staying with us again soon. Let me know when you reserve again. If you were misinformed of our prices I'll make an adjustment the next time you stay.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

It's a nice room. Only the staff was acting weird. They first told us a way higher price then was on the internet. And when we said to go and look for another place to stay the man at once offered us the room for half the price if we gave him some tip. We did that and the tip he put in his pocket straight away. Afterwards we saw the prices were always like the second price he offered us. So that was a bit weird.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
BartfieldGroup, Manager at Capitola Venetian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

I'm a bit shocked by your experience. I've never had anyone make an allegation like that here before. I'd really appreciate it if you'd contact me letting me know when you stayed and what room you were in so I can get to the bottom of this.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel Is pretty much on the ocean. Our porch had a view of the ocean just over a roof. We had a second floor room so we could see the ocean. First floor rooms can see nothing out the window but other tooms5but they are about $50 cheaper per night. Rooms in the weekend are real expensive. With the sliding doors open at night we could hear the sound of the ocean waves... real nice touch on second floor. Capitola was small but the hotel was in a great locale to be in proximity to everything. There was free parking but u have to be a good driver to wedge ur car into the spaces. Maid service was good.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
BartfieldGroup, Manager at Capitola Venetian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed your stay and will be joining us again soon.