“I believe the Beach House is closed...”
Review of Beach House - CLOSED

Beach House
Price range: US$35 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 101
Description: A relaxing afternoon watching the surfers at Cardiff Reef or a romantic evening with the sun setting over the sea...the exciting new cuisine of recently-arrived acclaimed executive chef Michael Ingino...the value of our famed daily Happy Hour and nightly Sunset Specials...two heated outdoor patios so close to the sea you might just get splashed, al fresco dining at its finest...the energy and excitement of the Top of the House Grill, the comfort of our dining room...Lunch, Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch, and Dinner...Cuisine, Service and Value to match the stunning views...The Beach House...Lobster, Fine Steaks, Fresh Fish...World Class Wines, cool Libations and Martinis...on the beach in Cardiff by the Sea, two miles north of the Del Mar racetrack.
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The sign says, "closed for remodeling", but from what I've heard it's closed for good.

It used to be a terrific place. Great reasonably priced brunches right on the water. I forget the manager's name, but he was outstanding and always remembered me, even though I visited infrequently. Apparently, he left or was released and things went downhill in a big way.

When my father passed, we held his wake there. They did a fantastic job and gave us free drinks for everyone.

It's a shame when a formerly excellent restaurant declines in this way and then (apparently) closes.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We've been to the Beach House for lunch, appetizers, and for dinner on various occasions. We keep coming back because you simply can't get a better view of the ocean on a sunny day. It's spectacular. Unfortunately, we're consistently disappointed with the quality of food. The decor needs an update. You'll love the view, but don't have high expectations for the food.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We went today for lunch - the service was good although the inside dining area was almost empty due to the amazing weather we are having here at the moment, everyone was seated outside. So we got served pretty quickly and the food was served within a reasonable time.

My dish was the Chopped Veg Salad with Grilled Chicken and I enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I had glorious experiences in the past, of a classy place with superb food and spectacular view. I tried to rekindle that feeling in the last few month with several dinners and yesterday with lunch for four. I had hoped that my recent mediocre experience was a fluke of a slow night; I was wrong. Recently I have been disappointed in the quality of food; service varies a lot and can be good.
The food is nothing extraordinary. The view is the only asset that the place can offer together with stunning stained glass work by renown local artist James Hubbell. So until they change the chef, and the kitchen staff, I would recommend just going to the bar for a drink and an appetizer, but not for dinner. There are better restaurants to enjoy

Reviewed 29 December 2013

It's unfortunate that the owners of this restaurant haven't spent any money on the upgrade of the very sad looking interior décor. I have eaten here a few times but only for lunch and drinks at sunset on the balcony and it was fine. This time we decided to take out of town guests because of the location and view primarily. I had called ahead to tell the hostess how important this evening was and to please make sure we had an excellent waiter and nice table. We got there and we were seated in the "garden" room. I felt I was in an added on garage. We asked to be moved into the main dinning room. The table was adequate but we quickly realized there was a gust of cold air constantly blowing on us. I asked the manager where the air was coming from and he the "ocean". What???? So is there a hole in a window? No help whatsoever. We were all miserable but because of the occasion everyone was putting on a brave face. On top of that, the timing of the food delivery was SLOW!!! Our waitress was sweet but it was obvious not well trained in quality service. The hostesses were very underdressed and could use some tips on how to hostess in what I thought was an upscale restaurant. They did comp our desserts and corkage fee which I appreciated but it was a MISERABLE NIGHT AND EMBARRASSING!!!