Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Home2.comUS$134
PricelineUS$134
Expedia.comUS$134
Hotels.comUS$134
FindHotelUS$135
CheapTicketsUS$134
All reviews highly recommend this hotel common areas excellent stay business trip home2 dishwasher gm housekeeping roomy closet lobby freeway
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 March 2021

Had an amazing experience the staff is extraordinary and made my stay over the top from the cleanliness of the rooms to the support with whatever was requested they were on top of it with a smile on there face truest great people

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Iris Molina, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2021

Mr. Casacca,
It was a pleasure serving you and your co-workers. I really appreciate you for taking the time to share your great experience during your stay. I would definitely share your kind review with my great team.
We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2021

We often stay in hotels for months at a time while traveling across the country for work.

I have two major pet peeves.

The first is oblivious guests who allow their door to SLAM when entering or exiting their room. The sound proofing at this hotel is extraordinary. We've only heard (and felt) heavy footed next door neighbor stomping back and forth during the first 4 days of our 3 week long stay). However, the door closure device forces the heavy steel doors SLAM against the steel frame each time our neighbors enter and exit their room unless a thoughtful and courteous guest (a unicorn in hotels) gently closes and latches it.

This problem is NOT unique to this hotel and there is virtually management can do to remedy the annoyance that keeps me up at night and awakens me each morning. I really wish hotels would use quiet close door closures or padding around the door frames to prevent the thunderous SLAMS guests are forced to endure 24/7.

My second pet peeve is the ubiquitous stench of pet in hotel hallways, entrances and parking lots. While it's a common smell here, the very responsive management has exhibited a genuine desire to move the smokers to the designated smoking areas far away from the entrances. Since pot smokers either ignore the "no smoking" policy of hotels or believe that doesn't include smoking of marijuana or vaping, I'd encourage the hotel to add a small no smoking sign at the front desk and in rooms which makes it clear the smoking of pot falls under the umbrella of "smoking."

The hotel is fantastic.

The sheets are incredibly soft. They provide firm down pillows and soft foam pillows. The mattress is fantastic.

Possibly the best shower head and water pressure I've ever experienced. Two large drawers in bathroom. An appropriate number of hooks for towels (very rare). The sliding bathroom door is solid core and provides sufficient sound proofing between bath and room (very rare for that type of door).

The rooms are all equipped with a fridge,dishwasher, microwave, kitchen sink with garbage disposal, ample counter space, lots of storage (dresser drawers, shelves and a closet), a comfortable couch , etc.

The window heat/AC doesn't rattle (very rare) nor does it blow air directly onto face of the guest while sleeping (very rare). The system also allows for the fan to run nonstop at a low or high level as opposed to the systems which awaken guests each time the fan turns on and off throughout the night.

Windows are equipped with a semi transparent shade to diffuse the light and provide some privacy and a full black out shade (the best method I've ever encountered in a hotel).

The lobby is spacious, vibrant and welcoming.

Ample parking.

We were welcomed by Rea on a Sunday afternoon who was eager to share all of the features of the hotel, room, etc. with us. She accommodated our high maintenance requests (room location, additional desk chair, etc.). I cannot emphasize enough how incredibly welcoming, friendly and accommodating Rea was to us. Exceptional customer service!

Room tip: Stay away from entrances as pot smoke may drift into your room
Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Rea Denny, Guest Services / Front Office at Home2 Suites by Hilton Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2021

Hi AndrewGrantCA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your current stay at our hotel.

We sincerely appreciate your detailed feedback as we strive to continually improve our guest experience and provide impeccable service at all times.

I'm delighted to know that you find our hotel fantastic and you like hotel lobby and our guestroom amenities.

Thank you for choosing Home2 Suites Carlsbad as your home away from home.

It's our pleasure to be of service to you.

Reviewed 12 February 2021

I travel often for business and can say with all my experience staying at hotels, I was highly impressed with the new Home2Suites in Carlsbad. In addition to the fresh smell and feel, they're really taking the COVID cleaning very seriously. A few hotels I've stayed at since March 2020 had rooms that smelled like a hospital and damp carpet. Home2Suites Carlsbad on the other hand had a fresh scent and every surface was visibly clean. While I was there on business, I saw several families enjoying the kid-friendly amenaties. Further, the snack bar was well stocked, the staff were incredibly helpful and warm, and the room rate was very reasonable for the experience. I look forward to visiting Carlsbad soon so that I can have an excuse to enjoy this hotel again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Rea Denny, Guest Services / Front Office at Home2 Suites by Hilton Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2021

Hi Queenbeeq2021,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Home2 Suites Carlsbad. I'm delighted to learn that you were impressed by our hotel. We take pride of our Hilton Clean Stay Program during this pandemic to ensure the comfort and safety of our guests and team members. I'm very happy that we met your expectations.

We can't wait to welcome you back home soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2021

This location is new and clean. That is the best and only good thing to say about the place. The way the hotel is run is absolutely amateur hour and is NOT a relaxing stay and is NOT for business travelers. The wifi and cell service are absolutely awful, you have to leave your room and walk around the parking lot for a signal and it is impossible to do any work on your laptop.

The fire alarm went off 2x, waking me up from sleep 2x. The hot water was out for 48 hours, that's right 48 HOURS. The front desk staff are poorly and inconsistently trained, every time you speak to someone new you are told different and new information or even worse, not told important facts you are entitled to. It was always very aggravating to make even simple requests to the front desk because you didn't know what you were going to get or how rude they were going to be. The general manager avoids speaking to guests but has time to hang out in an empty spare room during the day and bring her dog to work for walks around the building which I found lazy and disrespectful. She is very rude and when I complained about my stay she said "If you don't like it you can check out" so I did and they lost my business.

It is very overpriced for what you get. An overall aggravating, uncomfortable stay with rude staff starting with the general manager.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Rea Denny, Guest Services / Front Office at Home2 Suites by Hilton Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2021

Hi SusieSusieSusie,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the hot water interruption. We made every effort to provide our guests a 2-week in advance notice and upon arrival prior to the scheduled hot water service interruption. However, unanticipated issue occurred during the maintenance that affect our guests unexpectedly.

We REFUNDED 100% of your room charge and every guest for the inconvenience on that particular night as part of Home2 Suites 100% guaranteed.

Reviewed 4 February 2021

Second time staying here , Home2 Suites in Carlsbad CA . Very pleased to see the same quality as the first time , and definitely will stay here when i comeback for business, or with my kids . Very clean room and all public areas very clean. with limited options due to the COVID, they do a good job with grab and go breakfast , and good to see they have 24 hours coffee set up in the lobby , good coffee and clean set up. Attentive and friendly staff. The studio suites that i reserved is very big and spacious. I would recommend this hotel .

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Rea Denny, Guest Services / Front Office at Home2 Suites by Hilton Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2021

Hi FromShiraz,

Thank you for staying again in Home2 Suites in Carlsbad. We appreciate your loyalty. I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and our team members met your expectations. We are committed to consistently deliver exceptional service at all times.
We can't wait to welcome you back home soon.