“Horrible Customer Service!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carlsbad
Seashore on the Sand
Reviewed 16 February 2015 via mobile

Being a resident of Carlsbad as well as working next to seashore on the sand I decided to give this company consideration for my grandparents staying here while visiting for my wedding. My fiancé and I visited the location for inquiry and upon arrival used the intercom at the front door in order to reach someone in the office. For one, we could not understand a single word she delivered to us via intercom. We were expecting the lady on the other end to invite us as future guest inside to greet and discuss rates, dates, Etc. I work in hospitality and her rudeness over the intercom was by far the worst I had ever experienced. She responded to my questions with words like, "yup" "yup" and did not want to acknowledge our existence outside the lobby wanting questions answered. I have been told this property is privately owned. If you are not going to value potential guests and make an effort to atleast open your lobby door to assist customers, this business is not for you! Customer service is first priority as a business owner. We will not recommend this property to anyone and I feel bad that such bad customer service is near our place of business.

Stayed: February 2015
8  Thank Michael K

Reviewed 10 February 2015

Jan 30th we rented a 1 bed unit on the ground floor which has a nice sized patio and is just a couple of steps down to the beach. Views of the ocean and sunsets were spectacular! We did yoga and meditated on the beach every morning. The unit was fairly small but cozy with a fireplace to keep us warm. There is a special lock on the sliding glass door so you can have it open at night just far enough to enjoy the sound of the waves but still feel safe. The kitchen was fairly well stocked, although a toaster would have been nice. This place has a very laid back feel and is an easy walk to Carlsbad Village where there are lots of quaint shops, bars and restaurants. We spent 4 nights here before heading to Coronado for the remainder of our vacation and wish we'd stayed longer in Carlsbad.

Room Tip: Our room on the ground floor was small but quiet. The patio had a partial concrete partition on bot...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2014

As a family, we spent a great deal of time researching various properties along the PB. We settled in on a 2BD and it showed available on VRBO. We moved forward with booking and were very excited. Later the next day, Norine calls to inform me that the unit was not available. I was disappointed and proceeded question why it showed available on the VRBO website as we had been reading about it over a 48 hour period. Norine responded that she didn't know--they have these units on so many websites and it's hard to keep up with them. Not that it mattered, but I asked how long this unit had been unavailable, and Norine, clearly irritated, replied--I'm not going to argue with you and she needed to go. At any rate, very unprofessional, and irresponsible to not simply mark the unit as unavailable on several of the websites. HUGE waste of our time but Norine didn't want to be inconvenienced by having to take a few seconds to post the unit as unavailable.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank austin78734
Reviewed 17 November 2014

My wife and I went to Carlsbad Seashore on the Sand to enjoy our wedding anniversary and her birthday this November. Thanks to a wonderful beachfront location and great room we had a most enjoyable time. We found the views from both the living room and bedroom awesome. The condo was clean and well equipped for our stay and we ended up having all our meals in the apartment. Both Norine and Kurt were very friendly and helpful in every way. We look forward to for another stay next year.

Frank & Jeanne

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeanne H
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We have been coming to Carlsbad for 9 years. This is by far the best place we have stayed. We loved being right on the beach and being located in the heart of Carlsbad Village. Norine and Kurt were very accommodating. We will be booking next summer....this time for longer!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Scott S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlsbad
0.2 km away
5.9 km away
Carlsbad Seapointe Resort
4.5 km away
Southern California Beach Club

Been to Seashore on the Sand? Share your experiences!