I hate to say anything bad about this hotel because it is a fine place to stay depending on where your room is and what time you take advantage of their evening happy hour. This new "Hyatt House" is very clean and new. Upgrading to a one bedroom is well worth the money for the extra space and full kitchen.
This is a family hotel, so there are families running around at all hours and unfortunately, we heard every step and conversation around us. An upper floor room might be a better way to go. We picked a 1st floor room right next to the pool for what we thought was our own convenience. Big mistake! We had to call the front desk at 9pm one night. I could not get my kids to sleep because a very LOUD family was in the pool playing marco polo.
When it came time to enjoy the evening happy hour, we walked into the eating area (only 30 min into service) to find grumpy hotel quests irritated that the hotel could not keep up with the demand of the appetizers and soup being offered. In the hotel's defence, it seemed as though some families thought of this happy hour as dinner hour. And whenever they came out with the very small pieces of pizza, one person at the front of the line, would pile up their plate and not leave any for the people waiting behind them. We eventually gave up on snacking before our fantastic dinner at the West Hotel next door. But not before we enjoyed a few of the complementary Sierra Nevada beers. They also had some nice wine. You can't beat that! The staff was very nice in the dinning room. I felt bad for how angry people were at them over not having enough food.
There was no problem with the free full breakfast the next day. There was plenty of food for everyone.
We will probably try another hotel in the area on our next trip to LEGO land.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the coast of beautiful Carlsbad, California and conveniently situated only 2 1/2 blocks from the beach, Hyatt House San Diego/Carlsbad is surrounded by the area's many great attractions and restaurants. Enjoy a five-minute shuttle ride to Legoland or GIA or travel a short 35 miles to the San Diego Convention Center, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Park, Old Town or the San Diego airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites San Diego/Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- Hotel Of America Carlsbad