“If you're homesick for schnitzel and bratwurst you need to stop here for lunch”
Review of Tip Top Meats

Tip Top Meats
Ranked #1 of 355 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The deli has all your Oktoberfest needs,the meat market is loaded with top-quality steaks,sausages and most anything you can imagine from the European countries.The lunch counter Serves up a meal fit for a very hungry person they offer very large portions for a good Price.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Love eating breakfast here...tons of food and amazing prices! Only downfall is the line. It's fun to walk around and see all of the specialty items they carry

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Best in the area. Real European butcher shop. No nonsense here! Plus really cheap restaurant inside. Prices like the 80's haha

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Visited LEGOLAND with my son & his family, someone recommended Tiptop to eat. This is a meat shop, you can choose your meat (steak) and they will cook it for you. We had meat loaf one night, portions are large so I shared with my wife. We went another night and had the Prime Rib, again big enough to share. Dinner included soup or salad, sauerkraut and/or red cabbage and mashed or baked potato. The first night we had a side of some sausage. Very good food, big portions and very reasonably priced. They also have very a very interesting selection of grocery items from Europe.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

My wife, son and I went to Tip Top to have breakfast.

While my wife wasn’t crazy about the place (she doesn’t care for big portions and minimal service places), I loved it.

Yes, it’s a little strange to walk through the grocery and bakery to order at the counter for your food and pay upfront. However, the prices are ridiculously low and the meats are unbelievably delicious! I had the Big John which is two eggs, breakfast potatoes, toast and two meats with All you can eat refills on the meat )except bacon) for $8.99. I defy you to tell me of a place that gives you that kind of a deal.

And, it’s not that the meat is all you can eat, it is the best sausage I’ve ever had. The Polish was so juicy and flavorful and the Brat was great too.

I would highly recommend Tip Top for dinner too. Prime Rib with two sides for $14.99!!!! If their sausage is any sign of the quality of the prime rib could be, it’s gotta be great.

Lastly, the grocery looked great even though I didn’t buy anything but the strudel (all kinds), had my mouth watering.

I wish I lived in the area because I would dine here every week and shop all the time! The only reason I didn’t give them 5 stars was that the servers at the counter we’re downright dour. Not a smile. But from me, lots!