“Excellent Food, Beer and Experience”

Karl Strauss Brewing Company
Ranked #13 of 371 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Fun atmosphere (very loud, so don't go if you want it quiet), wonderful selection of beer and a menu that includes something for everyone. Food is fresh and well prepared! Burgers, tuna, salads...or go decadent for their Mac and Cheese. The Wait Staff is friendly and able to pair a beer with your food choice.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Karl Strauss Brewing Company includes not to be surprised a micro brewery and a fair number of different beers.
This venue does a good job in service, in food an beer plus nice interior.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

The food was good. A wide variety of craft beer. The service was excellent Jordan was wonderful. I would definitely ask for her the next time.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Bustling brewery and restaurant adjacent to the Palisades Resort Hotel. An excellent selection of beers from light to dark, and incredibly hoppy IPAs that seem to fascinate some people as if they're a badge of honor to be able to to drink them, No lambics, which is a shame but, what they hey - who does, and I guess I just have an odd taste. You cannot have everything.
Service was fast and friendly and the food was superb - the duck fat pretzel bites were amazing and the spicy tofu curry was a real surprise since the tofu was fried and added to the curry sauce - amazingly good.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Grabbed dinner here while staying in the area. There is ample off-street parking and we were seated right away on a busy night. While our server checked on us quickly at first, she then proceeded to ignore us for the rest of the evening. At one point the staff brought our food and left quickly. Unfortunately, they brought the wrong food items to my wife and we couldn't get anyone's attention to correct it. Then when my wife was all but done with her meal (she ate the other item that was mostly correct), our server showed up and noticed her order was incorrect and she insisted on going and getting the correct item even though my wife had already eaten. The hamburger I had was dry and tasteless as it had been charbroiled into a cinder. The beers we had were just ok overall (B.J.'s offers a much better quality of beer). In short, I really don't see what all of the fuss is about. The food and service were not worth the price we paid.