“Tasty panini”

Saint Tropez Bistro & Beyond
Ranked #107 of 369 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Diner, French
Description: Dining at St. Tropez Bistro & Beyond is like taking a charming stroll down a Paris side street and coming upon an enchanting sidewalk café that invites to you enter. When you do, you are treated to superb delights, including breakfast, lunch and dinner, delicate desserts and beer or wine. The setting is warm, alluring and the perfect compliment to the dishes and baked goods ready for you to savor.
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Been wanting to stop by here and try it out, so my friend and I met up for lunch. We both ended up ordering the Toulon Gourmet panini. It was served on a fresh focaccia roll and came with a side of fresh green salad or fries. I ordered the salad and my friend chose the fries. We both ordered the iced tea.

We sat outside in the shade, visiting while we waited for our lunch. It didn't take very long before we were served and our lunches were delicious. My green salad was fresh and tasty and my friend enjoyed her fries.

Service was very good and our waitress (Deborah) made sure our ice tea was refreshed when needed.

Their menu had many delicious looking choices on it, including breakfast that is served all day long. Am looking forward to going their again.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Trying to find a restaurant which serves delicious French dishes without breaking the bank can be a daunting exercise. However, my wife and I decided to try this location of Saint Tropez because of its menu offerings. While I had the Bourguignon my wife had the chicken broccoli pena pasta in a light cream sauce. Both dishes were beyond what we expected. The portions were in keeping with traditional European dishes. The size of the meals more than met our wants. I look forward to returning to try more of their delicious meals.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I stopped in and got their berry crepes! Delicious, seems very authentic French preparation. I like both locations.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Their menu is good and it has a nice ambience. I came mostly cause I'd read they have good crepes, but I have to disagree. My berry crepe was just a crepe filled with a really sweet blueberry compote and then topped with berry syrup, with only about 3 real blueberries on top. It was too sweet to eat, and I definitely have a sweet tooth.
The service was very awkward. Every time we asked for something, they seemed like they didn't understand what we were saying, or like just didn't want to deal with us. And they weren't busy at all, so that wasn't the problem. For example, my friend ordered a salad with a side of hummus, the waiter forgot the hummus, so she asked for it again. After she'd already finished the salad, he brought hummus in a to-go container, and she said "well I was hoping to eat it here", so he comes back with a spoon. She asks "well do you have any crackers or anything I can eat it with?" And he responds "we don't have those" and walks away. They obviously had SOMETHING she could've eaten it with, such as carrots or bread, but instead she was stuck eating hummus with a spoon.
Overall, I'd give it another try, but avoid the crepes and try something else on the menu, and hope for better service.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

We had a terrific breakfast at St Tropez that I would highly recommend. Ample outdoor seating. The kids had great thick pancakes, one of the best french toasts I had ever seen, and strawberry-nutella crepes. We had the eggs benedict, which was outstanding. A great dining option in Encinitas. An extensive menu.

Been to Saint Tropez Bistro & Beyond? Share your experiences!