“Pretty, But Somewhat Disappointing”

Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Had occasion to stay for a few days on business, and perhaps was assigned an older part of the hotel for that reason - we were part of a large conference and I am sure a very competitive rate was negotiated by the company for which I work. The setting is quite pretty, and the amenities plentiful, though I had little opportunity to take advantage of most of them. Food and drinks were reasonably good and the staff very pleasant and solicitous. My disappointment arose largely with my room, where the A/C was set at 69 degrees upon my arrival - a bit too cold for this Florida girl. I would simply have raised it up a few degrees, but found the thermostat either inoperable or unavailable for guests to adjust - but whatever the cause, bringing the room temperature up to a comfortable level wasn't something I could accomplish, so I just turned it off. Outside of my room was some sort of loading dock and for most of the evening and night I was treated to the sounds of constant large engines and back-up beepers as one truck after another came in to drop or pick up cargo, making a restful night's sleep a little challenging. The tub in the room was huge and looked inviting, but I never used it, both because it couldn't be stopped up (the plug was inoperable too), and I ended up being grateful for that because I also found myself taking cold showers, since no hot water seemed to reach my room. And I don't mean lukewarm or cool - I mean COLD water showers, to the point that upon attempting to shave my legs I cut myself because I was a mass of goosebumps and the razor caught one. All in all an unfortunately uncomfortable experience, and I would not wish to return, given an alternative choice.

Room Tip: Make sure it has hot water and a working thermostat, away from the truck loading area.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Liv G, Guest Relations Manager at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Hello. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I understand how frustrated you must be regarding the hot water and thermostat issues. I sincerely apologize for this, and I hope that you will return again so we can make it up to you! Thank you again for letting us know.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,067)

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We chose this hotel for the pools and spash zone which the kids enjoyed. Unfortunately we won't be staying here again since the rooms were quite dated and our room, a La Costa Suite, didn't have a functional internet connection. I spent 2 hours troubleshooting the connection to my phone and laptop with their off-site tech support. Very disappointing for a 4 star hotel in 2017.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Liv G, Guest Relations Manager at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Hello, Chris. Thank you for sharing this feedback. I apologize you were unhappy with your experience at the resort. Again, thank you for letting us know and we would love to welcome you back sometime soon and make it right for you!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The hotel grounds are very well maintained and there are so many things to do. There is a weekly activity sheet that allows you to take advantage of the various offerings or you can just lay by one of the many, many pools.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Great location with a variety of pools and activities for kids. Pricey but a great resort for families to enjoy time together. Making S’mores was a highlight after supper but the space was a bit crowded with no place to sit down.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Hello. Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our pools and activities. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

It was a beautiful property. Rooms were clean and beautiful. Only disadvantage was the property is wide spread and a lot of walking to get to different areas. And the area doesn't have much around it for things to do.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Hello, Marybeth! Thank you for your kind review! We look forward to your next visit with us!