“Lunch for 2”
Review of Valley Kitchen

Valley Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Valley Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carmel Valley Road
Description: Executive Chef Tim Wood's culinary exploits-many involving fruits and vegetables from The Ranch's Organic Garden-are on full display for breakfast, lunch and dinner in our Lodge Restaurant. Indoor, outdoor and lounge seating are all available.
Reviewed 18 January 2018

For our family vacation, we spent 3 nights at Carmel Valley Ranch. We decided to do an adults' lunch for just the two of us while the kids were scheduled to play at the kids' activities at the hotel. I went in with an open mind for this lunch, not knowing what to expect from the hotel restaurant. The food was outstanding! Our server was new (it was only his second day on the job), so there were several mix-ups on drinks and such. You could tell that he was trying really hard though, so I was willing to give it a pass.

I had the Hen House Sandwich to eat: Two Eggs Over Medium, Apple Smoked Bacon,
Cheddar Cheese, Brioche Bun, side of Hash Browns

For dessert we shared Carmel Valley Road: Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream, Brownie
Bites, Graham Crackers, Chocolate Chips - so good!!

On a side note, before our trip, I was afraid to bring the kids to this restaurant, because it seemed really nice online. It was really nice; however, it was still definitely family-friendly. They had a kids menu, and I would definitely bring the kids if we come back in the future and maybe try a dinner or brunch. The food was so good!

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We were staying at Carmel Valley Lodge and went to the restaurant for dinner. It was very busy so we opted for eating at the bar. Service was prompt and we ordered drinks and then dinner. While we waited for dinner to arrive we noted that the bar was a mess. Dirty glassware and bar service still sitting on the bar long after people left.

Dinner arrived and to be honest the food was very good. And then the wheels came off. I ordered a second drink. The bartender grabbed a dirty glass and did a single dip into the cleaning solutions. The is typically a the solution dip process that is only used when there are no clean glasses. She the did a single dip with the drink shaker. When she brought the drink, I called her on it and of course, refused it.

How such a big place could not have clean glassware was amazing. I then watched another bartender do the three dip process to get two champagne flutes to serve. While he did it correctly, the fact that they had no clean ones was shocking. Finally, given how the flu season is in full force this experience was shocking. And disgusting.

Would not recommend.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I treated my mom and her fiancé to a dinner to the Valley Kitchen when they were visiting from Arizona. They certainly didn’t disappoint! My husband and I had the ribeye and my mother and her fiancé had the filet. Both were cooked perfectly! We started with a tuna poke-which was perfectly seasoned and so fresh! Our server, Nate, was very warm and his timing was impeccable. The sommelier, Mark, even treated us to a glass of sparkling to celebrate their engagement!

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

For dinner, we recommend the rib eye. If they have the Lamb for the butcher block, then go for it. The duck was really good. All the above are in generous portions. Wait staff are knowledgeable and friendly.

Try the chicken wings and drumsticks as it is dipped in the ranches own honey.

For breakfast, any of the omelets are good. The breakfast sandwich (forgot its name) is really good but a bit messy.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

The place is ok, the service is great but the food is bland, pricey, and not very exciting.

There are plenty of other places around Carmel Valley that will give you a much better value for your food, if you’re stuck in CVR then this will be your best option.