Ionian Sea Hotel & Villas - Aqua Park
Ammousa Hotel Apartments(Cephalonia)(Great Value!)
US$38
    Excellent 5/5
    Very Good 4/5
    • Pool
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsanimation teamionian seamini discokids clubnearest townhired a carcakes and biscuitspool barfamily holidaysmall rangexi beachoriginal hotellife guardstransfer from the airportbaby poolwater gymsurrounding beaches
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Top hotel food excellent lots of variety everyday different food everyday .not chips and burgers.Staff were so freindly and welcoming.plenty for children to do .full entertainment programme.rooms very clean .on our last 2 days from 500+rooms there were only 3 couples left food was still as good and plentiful as first day highly recommend

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank dpreiss
    Reviewed 30 September 2017

What can I say absolutely perfect Hotel. Was getting a little worried after reading some of the reviews before going , really don't believe these . Food was great small restuarant but plenty of choice. Lager , wine spirits served in glasses in restuarant bat service but this was not a problem at restuarant rather have that , be honest how many all inclusive Have you seen with self service and kids helping there selves drink all over the place my view though. Tables cleaned regular . This hotel is spotless clean towels every day rooms cleaned every day . Entertainment well was at end of season . Kids disco three times a week for a hour kept the kids happy but splitting sore head after it animation team good with them though not my scene so after first night of kids disco kept out the way till it was finished , my view though , karaoke quizzes the usual for adults kept you ammused. Pool area excellent three pools kids ones middle one and larger one no kids allowed to dive in two of these which was great, water park on site great. Where people got that reception staff was rude never once did I encounter this they were great and helped you out in ever way , even picked up medication for me from local chemist. Yes it is in the middle of nowhere but they tell you that before you go so if you want hustle bustle lively place thus is not for you. Lovely little beach down the road , bliss and beautiful . Drink situation at bar never encountered this problem got served no bother two drinks at a time but once they got to know you gave you your partners as well . Yes during the day served in small plastic cups but pool is right next to it maybe this is for safety reasons would people be so quick at moaning if they were served in glass tumblers and fell and broke and got there feet cut. The bar is outside . But then I was here ar end of season so maybe little quieter . As I said before served in glass tumblers in restuarant . Also noticed there is a small bar in hotel but only opened in high season but nothing stopping you sitting there. As for 8 euries each to get in town on mini bus this is not true eight euroes for a Couple return four euries it is. Yes there is a few dogs three in total who come from house across the road they do not bother you yes some people feed them but they are as calm as anything sanitiser somebody commented go to the toilet and wash your hands honestly if it bothers you that much. Yes I fed them but they were lovely, but that's up to me . All staff first class , would I go back yes I would I love peace and quite Beautuful place hired a car for three days , and seen some of this Island unspoilt Greek it was . Thank you Iona sea Hotel for a great holiday And not forgetting all the lovely people I met .. Irene and her husband Charlotte and her mum and Auntue June and her Husband xx

Room Tip: The rooms at the bottom are more quieter
    • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

it's my last day here can't fault anything Krista best bar person she looked after us andrei animation wonderful.hotel very clean loverly food overall a great 2 week holiday. not forgetting Alex Sandra

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank june c
    Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Had a very relaxing stay for the past week with my two teen children. Staff are extremely helpful and welcoming. Maid changed towels and cleaned room every day. Food was good and varied but could be hotter. Nice beach not far from hotel (for those with children we did come across a few nudists on our walk along). Hired a car (first time) roads were scary at first but was soon driving to Lixouri regularly for change of scenery/souvineers. Water park has 5 slides and just deep enough. Upgraded on arrival to large maisonette 1 single and large double bed downstairs 2 single beds upstairs as low season but still busy enough. Drinks were served as ordered and no need for every family member to attend bar as is stated on here. Animation team work hard - childrens disco most nights and music after. Variety of water gym, yoga, stretching exercises sessions, water polo, darts, volleyball during the day. Would return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
    1  Thank Bev B
    Reviewed 15 September 2017

We very much enjoyed our stay in this hotel and here is why:

Size, place, ambience, kids friendly:
    This is a fairly small resort (under 80 rooms) with a very cozy ambience and friendly athmoshere, amazing staff. Great value for money. Very clearly oriented at children.
    The hotel is in the middle of nowhere as people have mentioned, but close to a wonderful beach with shallow water and sand ideal for building castles. Not crowded and no sunbed fights. Waterpark with 5 slides - perfect for kids. Our 2 and 5 year olds loved it.

We loved the food, I have to strongly disagree with negative comments from earlier, the food is among the best I have experienced in all inclusive places - especially because there are many local Greek meals, best tzatziki ever, great slads, lamb, veal aso.

Animations, program
    There is a mini disco 4 - 5 times a week and a kids club. The animations for adults are quite sufficient for the size and type of hotel. Animators were fun to be around, always smiling and they liked their jobs. There is a bus to Lixouri every day - which is great.

Rooms
    Smelled good,very clean, renovated, quite simple and the family ones for 4 people rather small, expect no luxury, but for the price I think very good. We paid for a side seaview but chose to stay in the bungalows with garden view, as we considered these better located than the side seaviews - those were in higher floors of the main building, much warmer and you had to walk a corridor to get there. The rooms in the bungalows have separate entries from outside, so kids can run in and out which we thought was nice. For families with small kids I would not choose the maisonette because of the stairs.

Bar, drinks, coffee
    Maybe we were lucky towards the end of the season or they changed the policy, but there was no big queueing up for drinks at the bar when we were there. In the dining room I would definitelly prefer self service drinks, especially water, I think it would be faster to get the drinks that way. Coffee is very bad, you can get a real espresso in the waterpark, but it is not in the AI program.

Any negatives?
    For us the only negative aspect - and clearly this is something the hotel cannot easily change - is the fact that you have to dine inside only.

Room Tip: Bungalows we thought were better than main building.
    • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family