“Good but pricey”
Review of I Sushi Sake Bar

I Sushi Sake Bar
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 August 2015

I tried this place for dinner tonight. My son had the salmon with california rolls and I had the teriyaki tofu. My son didn't care for the california rolls. There wasn't a lot of crab in the roll and it was clear it was imitation crab. Our dinners were OK. Granted we didn't give the sushi a real try.

Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

Is this place pricy? Yes...is it worth it? YES! Come here knowing that they will serve you unique dishes, extraordinary sushi and incredibly fresh seafood and even kobe beef! The raw scallops are absolutely amazing! They melt in your mouth like butter, and they're what I love the most so far.

Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

An eclectic assortment of delicious unique rolls that are all fresh and tasty! Great customer service and worth the wait if there is a line!

Reviewed 3 January 2015

I've been to I Sushi a number of times because friends like to come here when they come to Castro Valley. They have the standard special rolls along with some very unique combinations that include fruit like mango and various other combinations you wouldn't normally experience. However, they are WAY too expensive. Yes the fish is fresh, yes some of the combinations are interesting (while others are just odd) but there are a number of other sushi areas in San Leandro and Castro Valley that have sushi just as good that's much more reasonable. I would rather pay $10 a roll and get a variety of rolls then pay $15-$17 for a small roll, only have two and still leave hungry. I'd recommend you experience it at least once and you can decide for yourself if it's worth it to you.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

How lucky for us that I live a mile away from my favorite sushi restaurant. I Sushi occupies a normal 2-level restaurant site inside the Castro Valley Village, the heart of our suburban town. Their menu is amazingly detailed and always evolving. They offer 50+ sushi rolls at all times as well as delicious sashimi, three kinds of oysters, always fresh, and uni (sea urchin) when available that is as delicious as it is unique. Pokemon salad of sashimi, roe, sprouts and mango over a bed of seaweed salad is a great starter. Once you see the choice of rolls, your mouth will water and you may feel overwhelmed by all of the choices: if you do, just ask any of the super-friendly wait staff or the owner for a steer. Everything is great here. Welcome to Castro Valley!

1  Thank Greg F