“Delightful”

I Sushi Sake Bar
Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in Castro Valley
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 19 July 2017

My girlfriend came to town to visit and since she likes Sushi, I thought we would try out iSushi. You walk into a very small, yet snazzy place, high chairs or tables your choice. It was clean comfortable chairs. The menu was so large with all sorts of choices. Finally, we saw something appealing , so we ordered.
Very nice presentation, the food was appetizing, we enjoyed our adventurous lunch so much that after we finished eating, we just sat and talked and she drank tea. There were others that sat and held conversations and you could hear each other without speaking too loud. Kudos to the waitress and the cooks! It is a definitely return!

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

On my birthday, my husband took me here for the prix fix omakase dinner. It was unforgettable! The entire meal was an experience. We tried some things that were more familiar, and had other dishes unique to their restaurant. The ingredients are incredible fresh and very thoughtful. We have returned several since then, and ordered from the regular menu. It's a bit pricy but you get what you pay for.

1  Thank Dianah R
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Large menu we stayed basic sushi, melt in your mouth, top cut sashimi, two plates ordered it was so good. Small and comfortable.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I like sitting on the 1rst floor, upstairs I feel isolated. Uni in the shell. Many special fresh items on the board. Sake selection. Sea bass appetizer is great. Gets busy.

Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

I had the Ruby Roll and Hot Soba. The roll was fantastic--would order again in a heartbeat. The soba was in a miso broth and was perfect for a cool evening. Service was quick and friendly. The menu was a little overwhelming, but only because they have so many creative options. If I lived here, I would definitely come again!