“Dirtiest room I have ever stayed in”

Heritage Inn Express Chico
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed 12 April 2016

The Front desk was awesome in checking us in and out. However, the room was so dirty. We got in the room and dog food was everywhere - Obviously the maid didn't know how to vacuum. Two towels and the bath mat were dirty from usage from previous guests. Drain plug had to be removed in order for water to go down. It was noisy from neighboring guests, but since its a college town, expected no less. Breakfast is minimal. Standing room only if more than 4 guests are there. We won't be coming back here.

Room Tip: Check the room before paying!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
HeritageInnExpress, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Dear Podunct,

I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. We do try hard to make sure that every guest has a good stay with us. I am looking into the issues that you had with your room and want you to know that is not our normal standards. please email me at heritageinnexpresschico@gmail.com as I would like to discuss this situation with you further. I really do hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove ourselves to you the next time that you are in the Chico area.

Thank you again for taking the time to review The Heritage Inn Express

Reviewed 30 March 2016

The staff was friendly and the room was comfortable and clean. The only problem I had was that one of the towels and one of the pillowcases had some sort of black stains on them. The towel had the words "pool" on both sides at the bottom so I can only assume it got mixed up, but that doesn't explain the pillowcase. However, when felt and sniffed, they seemed and smelled clean so I was not overly concerned other than the initial ick factor. Everything else was wonderful though: clean sheets, comfortable bed, good view, and pleasant staff.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
HeritageInnExpress, General Manager at Heritage Inn Express Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Dear Krystalgal,

Thank you so much for your kind words. The staff works really hard to ensure that every guest has a great stay. I am sorry that you got towels and pillowcases that were not up to par.(We do have new ones on order :p) I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs the next time that you are in the Chico area!!

Reviewed 11 March 2016

This is my first time staying at Heritage and I highly recommend it and will definitely seek out Heritage Inn's during my travels . The rooms are neat and clean and the STAFF at all levels are extraordinary! They've really catered to me with their kind, professional and awesome "can do" attitudes.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
HeritageInnExpress, General Manager at Heritage Inn Express Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Thank you so much SonomaJoJo for your awesome words. We strive very hard to make sure that every guest has an awesome stay. I will be sure to pass this along to the staff. Again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you need a room in Chico.

Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

I will have to say, having stayed here before... I am glad to see new pillow cases and towels. The people here are very friendly and accommodating. I am always glad to have a quiet stay and a relaxing jacuzzi to enjoy. The new cable upgrade was a definite plus as well. The parking was nice because I parked rite in front of my door, it was so convenient!!!!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Denah G

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be sure to pass them along to the staff. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Chico!!

Reviewed 2 January 2016

If you have a service dog you will be treated to a lot of discrimination. . They don't know the law and in the last 5 years have refused to make changes in their policies. If you wish to be embarrassed this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple