“Great Staff, Clean Rooms, but something is off”

Heritage Inn Express Chico
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We visited to move in our kid early-mid August. We have two older kids as well and one went to Chico State a couple years back, so we've stayed at this hotel before. The staff is mostly young but very polite, attentive, and fun. They really make you feel like a part of the family when you stay there. We were very happy to see mat and kelley still work there, and the newer staff is also great! The maintenance guys are very personable and helpful. Housekeepers work really hard and do a great job cleaning and with customer service. The place seems to be under new management and I guess we'll see how that goes, hopefully it doesn't change the staff much because they're the main reason we continue to stay at this hotel

Room Tip: room 201 can get noisy from highway
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kenley E

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I had a terrible one night stay at this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone. Our room appeared to be clean when we arrived, but shortly after arriving we discovered several moderately sized pieces of trash on the floor indicating that the room had not been thoroughly cleaned.
When we arrived at the room in the mid afternoon there was loud banging coming from the room next door, which was the sound of our neighbors playing dominoes. They continued to play loudly for the hour and a half we were in the room and later that night woke us up playing again from 1:30 am until just after 4 am. We could hear everything though the wall including the shuffling of the dominoes.
In addition to these issues, there were various people, that I assume were not hotel guests, sitting in the hotel parking lot doing nothing lot at all hours. Their presence was unsettling and did not make me feel safe leaving things in the car or even walking to and from the car.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2017

It's obvious that the management is trying to make this a decent place to stay downtown. The building is old, it needs some touch up and love, but the rooms are clean and the people are very friendly (Drew checked me in.) My biggest complaint, besides the noise from the street which is why I travel with earplugs, is the carpet in the room. It looked like poop stains, when I showed my husband on my phone, he tried to tell me it was pizza grease. I kept my socks on, regardless. I know that sounds horrible, but it so obvious that the room was actually clean, they just need to replace the carpet. Easy walking distance to downtown restaurants and shops. I would definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Needed a place in Chico for one night - a Sunday - and this was quite adequate. Well kept up and extremely clean but the sheets although immaculate had holes in them as did he blankets and bed skirt was ripped and hanging. Ironing board cover (which I didn't use anyway) was falling off and couldn't be put back on. In other words, nothing to really complain about but just a bit over the hill. Breakfast was absolutely minimal.
It was downtown and not far from many restaurants and the price was very good.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Jenny K, Front Office Manager at Heritage Inn Express Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2017

Sharon33191,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel after your recent stay!
Our team will be pleased to know we supplied you with an adequate stay. We work diligently to ensure our guests are comfortable, safe, and happy during their stay.
I would like to apologize in regards the minor issues you experienced in terms of the quality of linens. This will be addressed directly with our staff, as well as the our sheet vendors.
Thank you again for notifying us of the quality of your amenities, we will ensure these issues don't come up again.
Next time you're in the Chico area we would love to reconcile for your last stay! :)

Best Wishes,
Kelly S.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough about the front desk manager, Kelly, who again was friendly and accommodating to help me with my room choice. My king bed was comfortable and well lit, as well as clean and warm. I will continue to stay here when I visit Chico!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Jenny K, Front Office Manager at Heritage Inn Express Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2017

Hello, Gary!

Thanks a bunch for your kind review. I truly appreciate it!
You are a lovely person and are always welcome at the Heritage Inn Express.
We look forward to seeing you next time you're in Chico! :)

Best Wishes,